water temp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catmanzr440

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just got a cozeburn 250 with a grundfos 26-116 circ pump. wondering what water temps u guys run in your boilers. new to this deal so bear with me thanks.

I had mine set to cycle on at 150 and off at 155 last season. I may still experiment a bit this year but that seemed to work well for me. From what I've read the digital aquastats allow you to control it a bit tighter.

I have never tried to make science out of it but it seems like the lowest temp you can run and still deliver enough BTUs to the house wil burn the least wood. Low temps come at a price though as creosote builds up real fast at lower temps even with bone dry wood. My systems is over kill from the size of the boiler to all of my heat exchangers so the temps I use can be lower than most. We dont run it all summer but start early and burn late in the spring when little to no heat is needed. Temps are the 80s this week and we are set at 145-155. Highest I have even been was 165-175. The controller allows for me to change the spread between on and off but I have never seen reason to foool with it.

I run mine at 140° and get plenty of heat for my house. The lower you can run it the less wood you will use. I can do 120° this time of the year but once the snow starts flying I have to turn it up.

Woodmaster 4400
I usually stay at the factory settings of 170 off and 160 on. Unless it is really cold I bump it up to 180 off and 170 on.

I set my temps at 155º off and on at 145º for this time of the year. As it gets colder I’ll go up by 10º and when it’s well below zero I’ll go up to 170 /175º Our temps get up to the 70’s right now so I have a toggle switch to the damper and I keep the damper off during the day and keep my pumps going for the hot water. I’ll only use dry/well seasoned wood this time of the year so I don’t have the creosote build up with the damper being off. Seems to work for me.

Back