Website Links for more traffic!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name calling, I didnt call you names!! I told the truth!!

you get customers from viewing this site? What happened to your Site? not doing that good uhh........? perhaps a personality change would help you!

Mario, any prospective customer who reads posts on this site from me about/in regards to you..........would understand & hire me without a thought!

I thought you might get back to the "most" arguement!!......guess not!! wasnt working for ya! uhh? Im sure you will find something else!!

PS. Arrogant Knowitall; is not name calling its an adjactive phrase used to describe!! I could grammatically break it down for you if you would like?

McFly..........is a Noun but used as an adjactive for descriptive purposes....regarding you!!

Ohh..........now its "if only" Im wondering if "few" to you means 0, where are these few? I would think if they read this site they`d jump in to help you??? wonder why they dont? why do you think they dont?

LXT............

Wow, this has gotten crazy. So I guess no body else is interested in exchanging links?

I for one, personally think that NONE of us can predict the Search Engines, sure there are some tricks.

All of you guys have good points, I think if you only had time to focus on one thing on your website, then MD Vaden is right (in a post near the beginning of this), CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT.

yes it has gone crazy Mark!!! your pretty new here, give it time & visit often, read M.D`s posts & you will understand!!

anyway I think you have to start somewhere & your on the right track, things will improve, you will learn as you go.......& I wish ya nothing but luck!!

M.D on the other hand will give no one but himself credit & take credit for what others do to promote himself...........having a website is nice but actually doing the work posted on your site is better, He Can`t!!

LXT................

Wow, this has gotten crazy. So I guess no body else is interested in exchanging links?

I for one, personally think that NONE of us can predict the Search Engines, sure there are some tricks.

All of you guys have good points, I think if you only had time to focus on one thing on your website, then MD Vaden is right (in a post near the beginning of this), CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT.

My links are of a certain type. But if an exchange won't work for me, I may have a few good options for you, especially from non-competive but related sites.

Nice to see you are following the central aspect of the thread.

lxt appears to be on a roll of promoting his apparent positive points at the moment. So it's much more practical to focus on the topic at hand, which is websites and links. At least ltx seems to be feeling good about himself.

pmarkt...

Let me see if I can dig out an old web page file I deleted from my site and main hard drive. It may be on an old backup disc. But it has some stuff on it about locating backlink options, and also about forms of keywords, like plural and singular uses, and how much of a difference that can make.

If I can't find the file, I can just rewrite some of it.

There is not too much need to share details about percentages of keywords in text, because there are a lot of good links for that already. Not sure if you are interested in that aspect, but it's simple, and you have a desire for link exchanges, you may well find interest in percentages and keywords. It's something that fairly easy to experiment with on your own.

Do you have your own content control? (do your own edits)

Last edited:
lxt appears to be on a roll of promoting his apparent positive points

Positive points............well thanks mario, glad to see you come around!!

M.D... Im just wondering how it is that a former used car salesman such as yourself has obtained all this knowledge?, I mean trees, landscape, pesticide license....oops you let that go!!(me bad)....computers, websites, teaching, training, speaking at seminars, hiking, photographer, golf course maint. &
pruner,manager of companies, not to mention degrees & certifications!!!

WOW let me catch my breath.............. not to mention since 1988 you have obtained & completed 3000 contracts ranging from hours of work to several weeks of work!! My God!! when did you find the time to sell cars?

Im wondering?? how old would someone have to be to obtain all that? Methusula was pretty old!! & didnt have all that.....please explain!!

LXT.............

Last edited:
Ekka...

You omitted the quote I supplied of an earlier post, showing allowance for the possiblitiy of exception or alternative. And no quotes there pertaining to the affects of other sites.

Yeah sure Mario, all those MUST HAVE ATLEAST ONE etc then a little cover your ass virtually was thrown in there with impossible and your clinching to that like a life raft.:eek:

Nobody needs to "run" for an answer like you just wrote. The Adobe and Bush examples, for example, are notoriously well known, and have been extensively published on the internet for a long time. And the results went on so long, Google's had to work to prevent it, and still has not completely erased the effect.

That's why it took you a DAY TO FIND IT OR RECALL IT THEN DO A BACK FLIP. Maybe if you asked me right up front not argued with me or declined a bet about me pulling up a site where the keyword was not on the site you would have this embarrassing 180 degree about face.

As far as that particular style of of getting displayed without the text, if falls into what's considered blackhat work anyway. But the reason I would not introduce those here, is because the don't JUST involve a single website or JUST Google.

Wrong Again, this is not distinctive Black Hat SEO​

Again you mislead people, half cocked is a dangerous place for amatuers.

And Google appears to be very content oriented, not just inbound referral related. So a high priority is content. And content begins with one single word. That's the most sensible, and safest way to approach site building. With at least a single use of a word. That establishes content. Then it develops from there.

Those involve other people and other websites to connect the dots.

So your comment about "flat out" may not be quite as "flat out".

And back in square one, its still clear why our websites have not one, but multiple occurances of keywords on the page.

People, Mario knows a bit about sites but not the lot. In fact till I told him the deficiencies of his site ... he wasn't using CSS.

Yes Mario, remember the switch to CSS on your site was from my recommendation.

I dont say too much anymore nor do I say without people asking. Just like the my saying that it's not really Black Hat SEO.

There's subtleties when SEOing a site, minute fine things that can be done to get a competative advantage. Where I live we have a lot of tree companies and a heck of a lot of competing websites. Unfortuneately some of the sites also competing here do so because the site owners dont know about SEO and a site from Melbourne or Sydney does come up ... not because they have Brisbane in them, there's no Brisbane in them. ;)

What we have here is a .....

0511-0706-2916-1753.jpg
A man blowing ....​

Last edited:
Ekka...

Yep, at least a day Ekka. Took months to forget it. And it's not at all what came to mind, because as I said, I was thinking of sites that it would happen with where no other sites were involved.

Even my own son who built our computers and builds websites with CSS, told me almost a year and a half before you did. So it did not originate with you. You were just one extra person who suggested it.

I appreciated that you cared to offer the suggestions about CSS and other stuff.

So you are knowledgeable about many things. But it appears you painted an incomplete picture on this one. No worries though. All things will iron out. Thanks.

Last edited:

pmarkt...

Since there are so many articles on "keyword density", I think you may enjoy surfing for those on your own. I read half a dozen versions myself. Many say mostly the same thing.

The articles will cover percentages, and you can also search of free online keyword analyzers for your site.

You might also enjoy picking and choosing from this basice Wikipedia page which links to simple explanations of some SEO related things.

http:/wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Search_engine_optimization

You may find SEO forums interesting. Consider lurking or reading at a few. You can pick the forum category of interest, such as "Google" or Website Design, Etc.. Just as arboristsite had a lot of information on it about trees, the SEO forums have a bunch of stuff posted by people that eat and breathe this web stuff.

Many topics can be found that are easy to follow. Some are not easy to follow, but quite a few are. Just Google for forums + SEO, or website.

Be sure to read the Wikipedia Liink on that page on Google Bombing - here's the link anyway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb

That one covers something I referred to earlier as Blackhat tactics. Ekka criticized me for calling that Blackhat. But that's still the nature of what Blackhat tactics are about. If not according to the "letter of the law" it's still Blackhat according to the nature of the practice.

Here is one of a myriad of webpages with an introductory on Blackhat...

blackhatseotactics.html

When you read about this kind of monkey business, you can see where it starts to fit the same mentality as Google Bombing. With one difference being that this list of blackhat tactics can get sites penalized. Stuff like Google bombing is a different kind of monkey business that may not get a site banned. Because it's not neccessarily the destination website responsible for the manipulation.

Last edited:
Positive points............well thanks mario, glad to see you come around!!

M.D... Im just wondering how it is that a former used car salesman such as yourself has obtained all this knowledge?, I mean trees, landscape, pesticide license....oops you let that go!!(me bad)....computers, websites, teaching, training, speaking at seminars, hiking, photographer, golf course maint. &
pruner,manager of companies, not to mention degrees & certifications!!!

WOW let me catch my breath.............. not to mention since 1988 you have obtained & completed 3000 contracts ranging from hours of work to several weeks of work!! My God!! when did you find the time to sell cars?

Im wondering?? how old would someone have to be to obtain all that? Methusula was pretty old!! & didnt have all that.....please explain!!

LXT.............

How bout this? we cant wait to hear it!!! :popcorn: I Know you`re trying to figure something out!!

LXT...................

How bout this? we cant wait to hear it!!! :popcorn: I Know you`re trying to figure something out!!

LXT...................

LTX is referring to this comment of his... from post #67...

pruner,manager of companies, not to mention degrees & certifications!!! ...WOW let me catch my breath.............. not to mention since 1988 you have obtained & completed 3000 contracts ranging from hours of work to several weeks of work!! My God!! when did you find the time to sell cars? ...Im wondering?? how old would someone have to be to obtain all that? Methusula was pretty old!! & didnt have all that.....please explain!!

I'm going to answer part of this statement, more for others, than yourself.

When our family moved from Portland to the Medford, Oregon, in 2005, I took a temporary job for a period of about 6 weeks. This 6 week job was a 6 week pause in my 27 years of professional horticulture work and 18 years of landscape, tree care and design business.

That 6 weeks of sales work, was at Oregon's oldest Cadillac dealership, which sells NEW Cadillacs and Buicks.

So if anybody else wants to jump on the LTX bandwagon, please stand up and raise your hand.

Below, is an image that used to be on this webpage of mine ...

References, Testimonials and Thank-yous @ M. D. Vaden dot com

The image is a snapshot of part of the letters of reference which I have on hand, from about 1983 and continuing:

University of Portland
Portland Community College
International Dunes Corporation
Oregon Health Sciences University
Summerfield Civic Association & Golf Course
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

That should be an initial step to cover your comment.

The copy below is from Governor Kitzhaber for appointment to the state licensing board. One of two terms.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
So you are knowledgeable about many things. But it appears you painted an incomplete picture on this one. No worries though. All things will iron out. Thanks.

Hey, dont go sweeping me off under some misleading "incomplete picture" here mate.

You were the one who jumped up and down a keyword must be on a page for the site to pull up not me.

And now that you found the reality overnight your a self proclaimed God of it.

What needs ironing out is you.

Stay focused here, the whole debate was over exactly that. You overlooked, forgot or didn't know simple as that and when the penny dropped oh, that's my fault and I'm painting an incomplete picture! WTF

You were half cocked and caught out.

You didn't stand up and say, "yeah guys it's also possible to rank for keywords that is not on your site. This peculiarity can occur when bla bla bla bla"

You didn't do that, you said you cant and still to this post are trying to rub my face in it.

Nothing less than a sorry for your **** will suffice, instead of trying to paint me as some fool look in the mirror.

Now you're arguing that the use of the peculiarity is black hat, any SEO method used to extremity can be called blackhat, over spamming keywords etc is black hat.​

But still, in the clues I left no-one has really hit the nail on the head. You brush it here and there, argue but dont have a real good grip on what's going on.

The MAJOR clue I left was my own site going #1 in Google for the tree lopping search and I'm feeling lucky.

So in fact I am living proof that I pulled it off, and whilst you piss and moan and carry on ... I get things done, white hat, right under your nose.

You dont go far being a know all and not being humble enough to ask. I learned I have 2 ears and one mouth long ago to listen twice as much as I speak. Like Columbo the questions catch what you seek.

You dont go far being a know all and not being humble enough to ask. I learned I have 2 ears and one mouth long ago to listen twice as much as I speak. Like Columbo the questions catch what you seek.

I would have been more impressed, had you sought other arborists trusted by both of us, to discuss our disagreement to "keep the peace" so to speak.

You said you want to handle this one-on-one. Point is, you are not succeeding. And I am not succeeding.

That's called "asking" - one of your suggestions. Asking others, and asking for their wisdom.

And it isn't limited to website stuff.

Is not "asking" from others important, for keeping the peace among the arborist brotherhood.

While you count the holes in your head, realize the two eyes to pay double attention. And you should have realized pages ago that you were failing to succeed with your communicating. EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT. You were failing. And should have looked for the other option.

Two pages ago - we both should have gone for door number 3. And that's 3rd party arborists we trust. Because one person in a group, usually knows how to phrase something to get the point across and succeed in communicating.

So your not so fricken smart after all, and neither am I.

I'm done with door number one and door number two.

Notice in your last PM or so, to me, that your message is still not reaching the goal? You are still trying for door number 2.

Last edited:
I would have been more impressed, had you sought other arborists trusted by both of us, to discuss our disagreement to "keep the peace" so to speak.

You said you want to handle this one-on-one. Point is, you are not succeeding. And I am not succeeding.

That's called "asking" - one of your suggestions. Asking others, and asking for their wisdom.

And it isn't limited to website stuff.

Is not "asking" from others important, for keeping the peace among the arborist brotherhood.

Why are you discussing PM's here Mario, they are PM's which means private messages.

While you count the holes in your head, realize the two eyes to pay double attention. And you should have realized pages ago that you were failing to succeed with your communicating. EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT. You were failing. And should have looked for the other option.

Two pages ago - we both should have gone for door number 3. And that's 3rd party arborists we trust. Because one person in a group, usually knows how to phrase something to get the point across and succeed in communicating.

So your not so fricken smart after all, and neither am I.

I'm done with door number one and door number two.

Notice in your last PM or so, to me, that your message is still not reaching the goal? You are still trying for door number 2.

I said long ago you had a comprehension issue, every one else is doing OK, now it's my fault you have a reading impediment?

It's my fault you dug a hole for yourself?

It's about the fact that you resoundingly stated on numerous occasions you could not rank for pages where the keyword was not present.

I said that's wrong. What part did you have trouble with?

And now you go on and on blaming me for your arrogance, phew, you're a lost cause. :looser:

For the record, I'm out of this thread now, had enough of going around in circles. :deadhorse:

LTX is referring to this comment of his... from post #67...

I'm going to answer part of this statement, more for others, than yourself.

When our family moved from Portland to the Medford, Oregon, in 2005, I took a temporary job for a period of about 6 weeks. This 6 week job was a 6 week pause in my 27 years of professional horticulture work and 18 years of landscape, tree care and design business.

That 6 weeks of sales work, was at Oregon's oldest Cadillac dealership, which sells NEW Cadillacs and Buicks.

So if anybody else wants to jump on the LTX bandwagon, please stand up and raise your hand.

Below, is an image that used to be on this webpage of mine ...

References, Testimonials and Thank-yous @ M. D. Vaden dot com

The image is a snapshot of part of the letters of reference which I have on hand, from about 1983 and continuing:

University of Portland
Portland Community College
International Dunes Corporation
Oregon Health Sciences University
Summerfield Civic Association & Golf Course
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

That should be an initial step to cover your comment.

The copy below is from Governor Kitzhaber for appointment to the state licensing board. One of two terms.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well he answered part of it, Now let me ask my AS peers....who with all the credentials that M.D has would quit their profession & go Sell cars?

C`mon......with all that intellect you posses in the fields I mentioned the best you could do is a......USED CAR SALESMEN...6wks, So you couldnt even BS people wanting to buy cars....Fired ya didnt they?

WOW....you got letters & such :clap: , well so do I...... My wife has a bunch too.... funny when ever a license is issued by a state.....the holder of that license gets alot of "complementary certs & honarary mention" basically a bunch of BS. you spent money & they give you papers!!! with stamped signatures....whoo whee

LOL!! you show a landscape board cert & letters:dizzy: LMFAO!!! heres how it works folks....LOL...(sorry hes funny) My wife has a Notary license..she also from the PA assoc of notaries was just given certs & papers showing she is on the PA notary board, has got numerous letters, honarary mention, birthday cards from the state senator, ETC...ETC.... These things are complimentary & anyone can get them.....even an M.D. Vaden they dont mean ****, they werent earned!! paid for YES! earned NO!!

If by that alone my wife should be cheif of staff for the president!! NOT!!
Mario... trying to impress when someone knows how things are obtained doesnt work!!

Now back to the full question......how with all that self proclaimed knowledge did you find time to sell cars?.......the car angle didnt work uhh? some one told you with that gift of BS you should sell cars uhh?

Now Now.....see cars sales arent that easy & usually one has worked on a car & knows the workings of a car, got greasy a time or two, now there are rare instances where this is not the case....point..we all know your dont get dirty in anything, So firing you from sales was their only option :cheers: !!

In car sales its hard to be king of BS...Im sure you did better than most!! but just couldnt get the online car scam underway:cry: !! dealerships have that locked up!! so you returned to the green industry where most customers dont know any better........Thus you have perfected your angles, capitalized on your BS skills & away you go..............like an online tree pedifile you wait for your next victim!!! look out Oregon!!!

Honestly.....how do you keep track of all your BS?,you have back up disc`s for it?

LXT..............

Imagine that!

I rank #3 for a search term for one of my sites that is not on the page anywhere. And the site is only over a year old.

Proves the case.

For those who want the details PM me, and keep the information confidential. :) Mario, I have PM'd you, showing all along what is possible.

Got a few PM's, thanks guys. :clap:

Just had to make sure you know that I dont BS!

The title of this thread is interesting, website links for more traffic.

It's sort of true but not really.

See, website links improve your SERP's (Search Engine Results Pages) when some-one Googles something. It helps you rank higher. Now that will happen regardless of traffic.

In simple terms, I might get 10 links that no-one ever clicks, pretty useless eh. However Google will then take my position up the ladder because it thinks I have more value over other sites that dont have those links. It is that factor then which as webmasters we hope means more people click through to our site from Google searches.

Links from associated or similar sites with the same keyword dialogue helps more so, but it's not hugely that different as long as the links you are getting aren't from "bad places".

Forum signature links, like I have here Google already discounts somewhat heavily, similar with blogs etc. Google have "ways" of determining link value, and they wont tell you what it is.

There's also internal linking, the way your internal pages link to each other. Here's the biggest tip you'll get regarding structuring your site's internal linking.

Most people have a menu on every page, that menu has links to every other page on the site, especially small tree business websites, and typically the menu is the same as on the front page.

So you have main domain page > then all the other pages. In effect as all internal pages are linked to the front page, and there's only 2 levels of pagination (index page and sub pages) what you are doing is telling Google that all pages are equally as important.

What is better is to have 3 levels. You have your main index page, then a few links to the sub pages, then within those sub pages a link to an even deeper page with information about that subpage.

For example, here's my site.

www.palmtreeservices.com.au now from that front page you cannot get to this page directly http://www.palmtreeservices.com.au/certificate.html and the only way is through this page http://www.palmtreeservices.com.au/whychooseus.html

Now I myself could do a little more improvement to the structure of my own site but do remember, is it req'd as competition is nothing like say coke and pepsi or insurance companies etc so I get away with it.

So structure should go like this

index > pruning > pruning wound paint fallacies

Next real important piece of information. With external linking do not just link to the front page all the time. Link to other pages.

Hope this helps you out, there's no single magic trick, but tons of little things like a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle ... that are continually changing and evolving.

How many of you have more than say 3 to 6 keywords in your meta tags? I have seen some people have 50+, I laugh like crazy especially when they're a competing site, that's just rubbish.

Last edited:
How many of you have more than say 3 to 6 keywords in your meta tags? I have seen some people have 50+, I laugh like crazy especially when they're a competing site, that's just rubbish.

Why? Does google skip some (or all) if there are too many?

I'm just fishing for more...:)

Very little emphasis is placed on keywords anymore, however the first 3 really matter most.

Make the first 1 most important, and so on.

Optimise each page as if it were it's own website. If you have a pruning page then why have pruning in the index page meta tags?

Back