Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Website Links for more traffic!

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by pmarkt, Feb 7, 2008.

1. appalachianarbo

appalachianarbo ArboristSite Operative

If I have more than one word as a keyword - for example, one of your keywords is 'tree lopping brisbane" - does the searcher need to enter all 3 words in google in order for google to find it, or can they just enter "tree lopping" and still find you, even if you don't have "tree lopping" as a keyword?

I know it's not that simple, because of content of the site, etc. but I was just wondering.

2. Ekka

Ekka Addicted to ArboristSite

Great point.

For example.

Keywords are like this "tree, forum, arborist" versus key phrases which are like this "arborist tree forum" ... all of which are in your Keyword meta tags.

Which of the two would work best?

Think about it, I think you know the answer.

Also, did you know about this? http://www.google.com.au/advanced_search?hl=en

At the end of the day it's about keyword research and trying to nail down what people are typing into that search box and matching it.

On new sites I can spend hours just getting the keywords/phrases right.

3. Ekka

Just to let the skeptics and know alls like Vaden know.

Even a few months down the track I hold #3 for that keyword, and do not have that keyword anywhere on my site. Not in the meta tags, not anywhere, not hidden, not a peep.

Pity you didn't bet Mario, I would have taken your chicken money easily. :hmm3grin2orange:

4. Ekka

I still hold #3 on Google for keyword search of 2 rival forums, TB and AT, without the keywords ever mentioned anywhere on my sites.:clap:

5. domonick

domonick ArboristSite Lurker

6. michaelgasser17

michaelgasser17 New Member

Mark is correct here with what he is trying to do. Every site out there that links to your website is looked at by Google as a "vote" for your website. It is one of many metrics that determines who is on page one for relevant search terms. You want lots of votes as well as great relevant and unique content, regular updates, optimized page titles, etc.

7. ValleyFirewood

ValleyFirewood Addicted to ArboristSite

I'm the first link if you type "firewood" in Google here.

Not sure how, maybe because most other guys don't have a website, or a crappy one.

8. D.Co181Inf

D.Co181Inf ArboristSite Lurker

Just in the process of getting a website. Fortunately I have a friend who does webdesigning on the side and I've helped her out a lot over the years with things around her house, so she's doing all the work for free. Reading some of this info on here has been helpful. I will gladly share links to help each other out.