Wedge Belt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to hear that Bob. i know folks with that and other intestinal problems, it is a sob, more so than we would think. fellow logger here, his daughter don't have any gut left.....you wouldn't know it to look at her. she has crone's.

i fully believe we are not meant to eat grain.

I'm not sure its the grain itself, maybe more the processes from the last 50 years or so.

gluten is just a protein, problem is that folks become allergic to it so you get celiacs or gluten sensitive, though most people that claim gluten sensitivity are full of **** and just following a fad.

Anyway, white enriched floor, starts life as just good ole grass seed, then its micro ground, bleached with chlorine that leaches all the natural vitamins and several minerals, so they replace that with synthetic versions, kinda ****ed up really since if you just let floor sit for a while you get a fairly white floor without loosing the good stuff or using scetchy chemicals on it. Buy you don't get wonder bread out of naturally bleached floor...

the other issue is that wheat is really easy to grow, so its cheap, especially with modern fertilizers, so it gets used in damned near everything, corn is the other easy grain, possibly easier, so it too ends up in everything.

So when a person is exposed to something constantly over long periods of time you start to have negative reactions to it, like sitting in the pool for too long, yer skin gets soft, only a little different. for some folks it becomes an allergic reaction, or in the case of celiacs the erosion of the guts.

Anyway, sucks to be Bob...

Not to be a smart ass but Celiac is genetic. My middle daughter seemed pale all the time and wasn't really growing. We had her tested and it came back as celiac. Later an endoscopy verified. At that point we had to have everyone in the family tested. Turned out my wife and another daughter had it. People can have varying degrees. My wife was not as severe but she went completely gluten free in support of my daughters and still is. That was probably two years ago. The "fad" aspect is what keeps those prices up there i think. It sucks but everyone is healthy now. Its amazing what they put wheat in tho. Toothpastes, medicines, etc. My wife is also striving for eating more organic and natural, which i was against at first, cuz it is so expensive, but honestly with all the chemicals and **** out there when i want to eat a piece of meat or something i'd like to not be eating a bunch of **** with it. Now how much organic stuff is actually organic i don't know.

I'm building up a log camp. Gotta start somewhere. I plan to move em into one of the big islands off the BC/Alaska coast to cut some of the last big timber up there someday.

You want to cut down the big trees?
Well that dosen't sound very friendly.
If you come here...,sshhhh I'd keep that to yourself. J/K. ...
I lived in the AK and they had some good deals. Like quite a lot of board feet per year of beautiful wood. At one point it was $2000 a year per household member for northern dividends.

Most of the things I'll have on me. Right now I use the spot finder and not raidio as we are spread way out. I don't need the tape either. the GPS I usually unclip it as well the spot finder. Whistle and first aid is always on me and you have to be able to reach it with just your mouth in the event you are pinned down. Also in the event someone is pinned or unconscious with there mic keyed we would go to an alternative channel and would find out who is not responding right away in production Falling. We are not more than 10 min walk from each other so we can check our partner by listening or regular radio checks.IMG_20160125_111153233.jpg

Most of the things I'll have on me. Right now I use the spot finder and not raidio as we are spread way out. I don't need the tape either. the GPS I usually unclip it as well the spot finder. Whistle and first aid is always on me and you have to be able to reach it with just your mouth in the event you are pinned down. Also in the event someone is pinned or unconscious with there mic keyed we would go to an alternative channel and would find out who is not responding right away in production Falling. We are not more than 10 min walk from each other so we can check our partner by listening or radio regularly.View attachment 481220

Nice setup you have there. Where did you buy the Spencer tape?

Walker's Saw Shop in Nanaimo BC (Van Island) He had Husqvarna ones with his logo on for $100. I asked, how much for the Spenser's.? He said $50 so I said "it dosen't have a nail on it! So he said it would just take a second and asked normal of metric up? Lol Answer; metric up.
I cut it in a couple days trying to cut some brush that it was stuck in...lol stupid

Nice setup you have there. Where did you buy the Spencer tape?

bailey's carry's em, and they are a site sponsor, not so sure as to whether they will ship to Norway or as to the customs side of it. Probably a good idea to get a couple of tape refills if you order one... they are fairly easy to destroy, tough under normal use but unforgiving as to stupid.

I like the breathe holes in the wedge pouch. Mine fills up with chips.

is yours custom made bitz? all the ones i've seen in the shops around here have the holes in the sides or in the bottoms. i'm working on a wedge belt from military surplus. tricky finding stuff that will fit the super wide belt. nice thin shoulder straps for the summer though and super light weight. i want to get a wedge pouch to fit 4 wedges for it. recently switched to double taper so we'll see how that does me. i'm just running a kuny's setup now. it works but dang the thick pads overheat my shoulders even in the winter.

i know bitzers opinion on them but everyone should at least try the husky tape. i was a spencer guy and still have a couple but after using the husky tape i could never go back. just gotta replace the nail from the ****** nail it comes with. i like the stihl nails but also got some madsen nails that got a larger head on them that i think are better. i really liked a quick flip pin nail similar to the husky nail but it the pin doesn't last long at all. i don't know where to get them as i got it from a buddy to try. he says he got it from sweden.

is yours custom made bitz? all the ones i've seen in the shops around here have the holes in the sides or in the bottoms. i'm working on a wedge belt from military surplus. tricky finding stuff that will fit the super wide belt. nice thin shoulder straps for the summer though and super light weight. i want to get a wedge pouch to fit 4 wedges for it. recently switched to double taper so we'll see how that does me. i'm just running a kuny's setup now. it works but dang the thick pads overheat my shoulders even in the winter.
I got one in Port Hardy some years back and it was brown suede leather with a double pouch for 10's & 12's. It had a clip to hand a tape too but I like mine on the right. Anyway it was nice but came with just a pinky size hole I had to open up.
The kuny's like mine fit four easy. Then new just soak it in hot water then press them in and dry it with them in. even a wet day they losen up. Make sure you don't have the little one for two wedges.

I was just in the military surplus in New west before I left the lower mainland. lots of cool stuff but its all gone new now unfortunately. Wish I had more time that day.

I got one in Port Hardy some years back and it was brown suede leather with a double pouch for 10's & 12's. It had a clip to hand a tape too but I like mine on the right. Anyway it was nice but came with just a pinky size hole I had to open up.
The kuny's like mine fit four easy. Then new just soak it in hot water then press them in and dry it with them in. even a wet day they losen up. Make sure you don't have the little one for two wedges.

I was just in the military surplus in New west before I left the lower mainland. lots of cool stuff but its all gone new now unfortunately. Wish I had more time that day.

you gotta hit up the military surplus shop in coombs Jamie. he's got the most **** out of any other i know of. that's where i got m belt and shoulder straps. he's got a few other cool things but i think it's weight for nothing on the belt. i've been running ground chain so i wanna find a hard case for the belt to hold a spare chain. the ****** nylon cases don't last long. might try a hard camera case even. i see you have a handheld GPS on your belt. you must be covering some ground to need that! did you end up getting on with Jordan?

i know bitzers opinion on them but everyone should at least try the husky tape. i was a spencer guy and still have a couple but after using the husky tape i could never go back. just gotta replace the nail from the ****** nail it comes with. i like the stihl nails but also got some madsen nails that got a larger head on them that i think are better. i really liked a quick flip pin nail similar to the husky nail but it the pin doesn't last long at all. i don't know where to get them as i got it from a buddy to try. he says he got it from sweden.
Think you answers your own question?

You mean the release hook style? They are around.
I got a little screwdriver on that one in the pic..lol I took over that Victoria job from a young Faller and the end came off and I guess he didn't know he could fix it so I took the end off the one I cut and 'fixed it' TWICE! and was in a hurry and only wanted to put a couple of screws in then
I lost it. The clip is still on the belt.
I rigged up the Spenser with the screwdriver, it starts at nine ft now. Haha

they are around but the only ones i ever saw were the ones on the husky tapes or very similar. the one i'm talking about was real fine and worked flawless. easy to push in and didn't damn near rip the tape trying to pull it. 9ft? come on man, speak english :D

Back