Weird bar problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what Philbert was getting at is the groove can be wider below the bearing surface thus the chain can lean to one side despite the distance between the bearing surfaces being with in acceptable tolerances.

Easiest way to check is put the chain in the groove and see how far you can make it lean.
Guide Bar Wear Measurement.png

Wear can also be at the bottom of the groove, in sort of a dove tail shape.

Philbert

Maybe a few burr on the chain drivers. Only takes 2 or three. Older may be worn enough to not notice. Just a thought. Try your new chain on the Oregon bar see if problem is still there.

New chain in the bar did the same thing. Didn't get a chance to check bar today but beginning to think @Philbert was correct, dovetail type wear in bar. Zero problems with any combination of chains on old bar. Bought a new Stihl bar.

Wife isn't happy about the new bar and chains. She has to change from #1 choice to #2 choice when I do the back splash in the new kitchen. Obviously, #2 choice will cost just over $100 bucks less than#1 choice. Amazing, just about the price of a new Stihl bar and chains.

Just charge it or better yet do a small tree job with that new B/C combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a hack - admit it already!
Lol..If he did just that he would be half cured.

A wrestling back ground is the best prerequisite for a mixed martial artists but it doesn't make him a mixed martial artists now does it.

That's 'another man's' opinion.

Chris! ..in all fairness to Dahmer, givin his background and his shown ability to learn still then I think it would be cool if you started a vote thread and we can write a post why we think he is a hack ...or not.

Thanx

Or, which is better?
I guess define better. Don't want to mess with German beer. I hear some of its 13℅ + ..that's crazy.
I think some Canada beer is over 7℅.
Seems to taste better than the same brands that are available in the US.
Beer seems to very in taste from state to state. Different laws for alcohol content.

I liked the Molson Canadian commercial when they go to the fridge and realize they are out of beer. They go for a beer run into Canada and back..haha
A friend of mine told me they would do that all the time when he lived in Detroit.
Budweiser is a big seller here but taste better.

View attachment 601668

Wear can also be at the bottom of the groove, in sort of a dove tail shape. Philbert

Great Illustration Philbert I just wiggle the chain back and forth if it moves much it is time. I start with 3/8 050 then go to 3/8 058 and finally go to 3/8 063, but my 404 bars are only 063 as far as I know. Still wondering why the 404 last close to twice as long as 3/8 semi chisel. Thanks

Too much oil maybe? Making the wood chips pack together and jam the bar? I have never had oil do that, but I have actually had pine sap do it with realtively new bar/chain. The good ole sticky sap from a half dead pine that had been bleeding and is drying out and getting thick starts packing into the bar with a bunch of wood chips.

Latest posts

Back