Weird or Unusual things in/on saws/pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I worked on many of those and amazing how bad some were and stihl ran fair. I do like the ts500i fuel injection. Starts so easy below 0

My buddy brought me this saw cause it quit and wouldn't turn over. Thought it had seized.IMG_20160201_171246.jpg

The chain had picked up the reinforcing wire out of a flexible duct. It was jammed so tight under the sprocket retainer that the engine was locked. The snap ring had so much pressure on it that it broke prying it out.

Ts500i Is a great saw.
Have you noticed that with a spark tester on it while running; - that when it's at wot and you let off the throttle it has zero spark until it reaches idle speed?Then it kicks back in. For that to not flood the saw, the injector must not firing as well During decel.
If they'd just use red loctite the mufflers wouldn't fall off 60% of the saws. I use it, and never had trouble breaking them loose after coming back in for repairing something else.

Ts500i Is a great saw.
Have you noticed that with a spark tester on it while running; - that when it's at wot and you let off the throttle it has zero spark until it reaches idle speed?Then it kicks back in. For that to not flood the saw, the injector must not firing as well During decel.
If they'd just use red loctite the mufflers wouldn't fall off 60% of the saws. I use it, and never had trouble breaking them loose after coming back in for repairing something else.
Makes sense being they take a while to slow down. On the older saws I'd hold em wide open with kill switch off till it spools down a ways then flip the switch so it could idle

Lol. No bang when fuel in the muffler ignites?
I used to scare the **** out of the cows when I was younger with standard shift truck by turning the ignition off for about four seconds. ..... then when I'd turn the key back on it would backfire like a shotgun blast. BAM!!!!

Speed sprocket?
028?
028 super. Good call.
My first clue was the chain was super tight. There was so much tension on it that the adjuster wouldn't turn.
Ts500i Is a great saw.
What's the advantage of killing the spark on decel?

View attachment 485776 One month of water inside the carb and tank. Wow
Trash canner.

Alexcagle, could you explain how this happened? Was the saw left out in the elements, was it underwater, what happened? I haven't seen this before, even with saws left out in the rain or elements for a good while. That's impressive, and not in a good way. Were other parts affected? Thanks, Max.

Husqvarna K760 (2014) model.
The chain of events as I see it: The oem fuel filter20160211_180055.jpg broke off and allowed trash to plug up the internal carb fuel sreen. Someone tried to get the flange off the cylinder and ripped one of the two air only inlets off at the flange. They gave up trying to fix it after that and set it in the back of their truck. It rained a couple months ago about 5" storm total. Rain water ran inside the engine and carb through the ripped open boot. The tank fuel had lots of water in it too. I am risking that the crank and bearings survive. It runs fine with a new carb

Cut off saw owners are the most inventive rednecks.

Can't find a new clutch....wait I have a pulley here I can use.....LOL

View attachment 485856
Nice mid 60's Partner K-14!
I probably have a clutch for it. Lol .. Is It yours? The pulley looks like It might be a bit too large In diameter. It could overspeed the blade.
No worries though; if you got hit by desentigrating blade pieces and knocked out; I'm sure the belt would grab your hair on the way down. Good news though; it probably doesn't idle well because it's pulling the wheel at idle too,~ (what's left of it after exploding and your hair), since there's no clutch.
That is the belt guard they used too. (Not one)

Wow! Let me guess..... somebody left decarbonizer in it for about a year?[/QUOTE]

This saw sat probably in a basement that got flooded, and left behind. I got it as a freebie for parts, but it took me more than one hour to remove the cylinder.

Nice mid 60's Partner K-14!
I probably have a clutch for it. Lol .. Is It yours? The pulley looks like It might be a bit too large In diameter. It could overspeed the blade.
No worries though; if you got hit by desentigrating blade pieces and knocked out; I'm sure the belt would grab your hair on the way down. Good news though; it probably doesn't idle well because it's pulling the wheel at idle too,~ (what's left of it after exploding and your hair), since there's no clutch.
That is the belt guard they used too. (Not one)
Yes, it's mine and a shelve queen, just like the rest of my saw collection. The power head runs, but it's obviously very difficult to get enough speed to start it with the belt mounted, so I never ran it with the setup shown.

particus2 001.jpg I just completely refurbished a Partner K700 Active II last night. I have tubs of used parts and a bunch of NOS cylinders, starters, crankshaft kits, rare switches, kill wires, etc. that I got from a large local bridge and paving contractor for free. The dead saw pile was hip deep and 8ft in diameter.
>>>>>> It needs the precious! :yes: I always get a warm and fuzzy for free $aw $tuff. :envy:

Latest posts

Back