Well.. **** on a stick!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spindle is trashed. Broke the axle shaft too.

Gonna put a new axle under it tomorrow.

View attachment 559136
That sucks..when I saw that first pic of the hub leaning over I knew that housing was screwed. What did you have to give for a replacment 14bolt? Where I live they're cheap and pretty easy to find but I'm betting in Alaska that's not the case?

A friend had been using our 10k forklift since early fall, he said come grab one. (Had a pile of them)

Still gonna bring him a case of barley pop though.

I have cut out the rosett welds and just changed out the axle tube. Plenty of junk corp 14 rearends laying around to rob a axle tube out of.

Quicker to swap the axle. Why pull apart a good axle to fix a junked axle? 8 bolts, 2 park brake cables and a brake line is all that has to get disconnected.

Quicker to swap the axle. Why pull apart a good axle to fix a junked axle? 8 bolts, 2 park brake cables and a brake line is all that has to get disconnected.
You said it would cost more to replace the axle than the truck was worth. I was just giving you an alternative. Most of the junk corp 14 i have seen have stripped gears and bearing caps. tubes are usually still ok

Latest posts

Back