WEST KY GTG 2015!!!!! (September 19, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome, I've never been to one of these events b4. I've never even been to Murray b4 in all of my 30 years. How many hours from hodgenville? Where in Murray is it? Also, what time? I don't have any super impressive saws. But I know all you fellers got tons of knowledge to offer a rookie like myself.

Murray is the other side of LBL... so for you take the Lincoln Prkwy to the WK... and go dang near to the end of it (long & boring road). Then head south a bit. I am planning to go, if my travel for my new position at work does not have me in Israel, and it shouldn't.

Last time I went was in '12 Young and I made a day trip of it in my beater truck. This time I may camp it Sat night so I can enjoy the late night festivities, or grab a hotel nearby so I can head home the next day... All them hotel frequent traveler points need to have a good use.

dw

Just put a tank through my 385 in a fallen 26" red oak with the 36" bar on the 4th. Might bring it down if I get free from my summer chores that are dragging out. My 385 was kind of struggling with that 36" bar till Randy tuned it up! Muuuuuch better now. :happybanana: My father was on his tractor and on the other side of the log, so I did an undercut to let him get a taste of the chips this baby was tossing. It's always a good day when I impress my dad.

Saw express deal on Priceline. $47 + tax/fees. If anyone does that let me know which hotel it gives you. They are all about the same.

Any place nearby to bring campers? Never been to one of these before, what is it like? What is the turnout usually?

Any place nearby to bring campers? Never been to one of these before, what is it like? What is the turnout usually?

Turnout is always really good. All the crazies seem to come out for the wky gtg. several brought campers and generators last year. There is plenty of room here for that. Or bring a tent.

That sucks Randy. I'll be in an outage here if I stay. We're in a mini outage now on this pre outage work. Got to be finished by the end of August.

Outage = CABBAGE :numberone::blob2:
(Have to be hungry !!)

My outages are eithor Generator or HVAC related, and for some strange reason allways seem to happen when its boiling hot outside or witch teat cold ! :nofunny:

Back