whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell you what...

Farming is no joke.

These mother****ers got me driving around 55 gallon drums of hot water like it was my job! Well, first I had to get the hot water running then schlepp it up and down the bumpy tundra to one pasture to next sloshing and spilling all the way.

After I thawed the hose bib with my trusty heat gun I had to go around and get all the hoses out of the snow and put them in the house to thaw. I finally got enough to make it to my truck to fill the drums.

I had taken the empty 5 gallon water jugs from my house and put a little rock salt and water in them then sealed the tops. I put them in the big water troughs as bobbers and they seem to be helping.

I'm standing out there last night with the owner asking her why she never Googled "How to keep water troughs thawed". That was the first thing that came up, the salt jugs.

Apparently the electric immersion heaters shock the horses but there ain't no letrik out dar anyhows.

I was thinking of insulating the troughs with chips. Not only insulate but the chips would provide heat.

And she wants me to drain the heat and domestic water in the one crap hole house so she doesn't have to heat it. It sure burns a lot of oil, drafty would be an understatement.

****ing Pit Bull came at me twice, both times I went right back at him and thought about reaching for my piece. I swung everything I had at his head but he is a ***** and ran but if you turn your back or even back up he will come. I pulled my arm swinging at that SOB.

The first time he got loose and surprised me at the back of my truck when I was filling the drums. I tried to be friends but the dog is too nuts. I had to chase him off. There was no one around but it was all concrete and horses so I yelled, advanced and was actually a little surprised to see him go away.

The second time I inadvertently walked by his cinder block and he snuck out from under the tractor in the dark and got a little close. I yelled and swung and would have had my gun in my hand but there were a lot of people over yonder. He wouldn't back down this time but he was tied to his block.

I forgot he was there cause I remember seeing him trying to cornhole the old lab and wanted to put a bullet in him then.

When I came back empty handed I ran at him and was going to lay into him cause I am getting sick of that ****er. But he won't commit, ****ing heal nipping pitt bull.

I go up there tomorrow I am going have something to whack him that is for sure. Maybe some of that hose.

I dunno how you do it, Doc.
I think a sand filled hose would pack more of a wallop.

Yeah...Let him bite you. Make sure it is an unprovoked attack with lotsa witnesses.
Let that hound have a piece of you.
I'll send you some flowers.

I am waiting for my tater patties to come out of the toaster then I am going back in... to bed.

No.

The owner just called me, I have been sitting by my woodstove since 8am and am in NO hurry.

I love the smell of tater patties in the morning. Don't really love the smell of citronella oil I doused a couple logs with cause I was to lazy to chop kindling.

This lady has had this farm for over ten years, you think she would have implemented a better plan.

When I first saw the daughter heaving water from the drum on her truck with a bucket I said, " Glad that's not me."

Well she's on her honeymoon now.

I tell you what...

Farming is no joke.

These mother****ers got me driving around 55 gallon drums of hot water like it was my job! Well, first I had to get the hot water running then schlepp it up and down the bumpy tundra to one pasture to next sloshing and spilling all the way.

After I thawed the hose bib with my trusty heat gun I had to go around and get all the hoses out of the snow and put them in the house to thaw. I finally got enough to make it to my truck to fill the drums.

I had taken the empty 5 gallon water jugs from my house and put a little rock salt and water in them then sealed the tops. I put them in the big water troughs as bobbers and they seem to be helping.

I'm standing out there last night with the owner asking her why she never Googled "How to keep water troughs thawed". That was the first thing that came up, the salt jugs.

Apparently the electric immersion heaters shock the horses but there ain't no letrik out dar anyhows.

I was thinking of insulating the troughs with chips. Not only insulate but the chips would provide heat.

And she wants me to drain the heat and domestic water in the one crap hole house so she doesn't have to heat it. It sure burns a lot of oil, drafty would be an understatement.

****ing Pit Bull came at me twice, both times I went right back at him and thought about reaching for my piece. I swung everything I had at his head but he is a ***** and ran but if you turn your back or even back up he will come. I pulled my arm swinging at that SOB.

The first time he got loose and surprised me at the back of my truck when I was filling the drums. I tried to be friends but the dog is too nuts. I had to chase him off. There was no one around but it was all concrete and horses so I yelled, advanced and was actually a little surprised to see him go away.

The second time I inadvertently walked by his cinder block and he snuck out from under the tractor in the dark and got a little close. I yelled and swung and would have had my gun in my hand but there were a lot of people over yonder. He wouldn't back down this time but he was tied to his block.

I forgot he was there cause I remember seeing him trying to cornhole the old lab and wanted to put a bullet in him then.

When I came back empty handed I ran at him and was going to lay into him cause I am getting sick of that ****er. But he won't commit, ****ing heal nipping pitt bull.

I go up there tomorrow I am going have something to whack him that is for sure. Maybe some of that hose.

Didn't you used to bite the dog back?

I tell you what...

Farming is no joke.

Apparently the electric immersion heaters shock the horses but there ain't no letrik out dar a

Man!,,, the rain we are getting is crazy, gonna have to call it a day on Thursday, not worth it.
We have been working in the rain since the start of the year it seems. I know we need it, but it is a lot at a time,
damn shallow rooted trees in SoCal are gonna go down, I hate emergency work, especially when the guys have been at it all day,
It was a beautiful day!
Jeff :cool:

Ran skidder. Pretty uneventful. Had 3 moose trying to eat trees I was hauling away and I got high centered on a tall stump, somehow had all 4 tires off the ground. Took some fighting with the grapple to push it off.
Feller Buncher broke through the ice and dropped into the creek (water is maybe 2ft deep).

Man!,,, the rain we are getting is crazy, gonna have to call it a day on Thursday, not worth it.
We have been working in the rain since the start of the year it seems. I know we need it, but it is a lot at a time,
damn shallow rooted trees in SoCal are gonna go down, I hate emergency work, especially when the guys have been at it all day,
It was a beautiful day!
So this is either quite the oxymoron or we have completely different views/definitions of a beautiful day. Way to be positive man!

It was a beautiful day!

What are you talking about? Isn't CA in one of the worst droughts in history?

Talking bout dat dawg, getting all violent, got me feeling low. Plus the seasonal switch to cretin of the snow, dweller of the darkness whose preferred habitat is on the sofa by woodstove watching the weather channel or fussing with the heater in the truck. And I hate to be jostled to hard to early.

Which is why I layed sleepin til 9. That made me feel worse but I was afraid of the cold.

But it turned out warm enough to wash the truck and clean the garage. There is a bunny in there. And I have the intake and timing belt off of my old Yota. I was going to push it out and hose the 300k worth of oil of the engine now that I have it apart. Its been soaking for a week. But I only got to the salt spreader and the truck which I washed at the car wash.

I wasn't sure if I would be up at that farm. I have to drain all the water from the one house but don't know how nor am going from the outer basement all the way in and up to the second floor. I got the first floor and can drain the heater but won't until I figure out the second. Its HELL in that basement, scary, dark, dank, dirty HELL and I am afraid of **** like that.

I drove my hitch into one of the troughs and broke it and lied about and next time it comes up I will joke about how I lied about it and about my language in front of the young girls.

I am looking for steel troughs which I can heat with my barrel stove. Going to get set up splitting with it after I spray the area down with wood chips. I have a bunch of concrete fence posts I want to build a stand to put the trough ontop of the stove.

The really bad part of watering these horses is there is only ONE freaking hose! I mean that's all you can get at one time, a garden hose worth. It takes forever. One horse = 30 gal a day.

Latest posts

Back