Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

whadja do today?

Discussion in 'Commercial Tree Care and Climbing' started by treevet, Jan 12, 2010.

1. DLEngele

DLEngele It's all in the hips.

It's a Plumb felling axe. Just found the stamp under the rust.

Woodyjiw and Oldmaple like this.
  2. DR. P. Proteus

DR. P. Proteus Addicted to ArboristSite

I had just seen an ad for it and a light bulb went off. I slept like a mofo last night, first time in a good long awhile. Just pure REM all the way through.

I finally got the Mad Max knee brace I always wanted since I first watched the movie when it first came out. I picked it up went I got the ZQ which is helping me to stay off my knee.

After a full day yesterday I worked on my old Yota for a few hours while also doing other shop work. I had stayed up til 3 am then loaded salt and put the plow on, started plowing right there til 8am. I came in, saw the ad for a ZQ , I actually think I picked it up at 2:30 while doing errands before picking my kid up.

If you get to the school pick up line before 3 the cones are blocking the way. Whenever I get there I move them if I they are up. Sometimes I have to pass the line of cars that got there before me. Yesterday I did with a bottle of the ZQ in one hand.

I also had a golden hand grenade, I use it to hold in my hand when the plow controller is not there, I find its contours soothing, the weight and shape snug, the ring, handle and detonator handsome and rugged though articulate and smart opposing the brutish iron cast of the petard itself. The warmer it gets the better it feels.

Fat Gold 'Nade

3. DR. P. Proteus

They say this stuff isn't habit forming...

By the way:

See those 3 periods Jeff? See how those 3 (three) periods used in this way leads the reader deduce the outcome of the situation instead of telling him how its going to end.

Do you understand how these periods work in written English? They are not just random periods, they have mean, like an exclaimation mark,

What ever message you are trying to get across with your random lines of commas isn't working. What does six commas in a row mean? What about ten? I feel like I missed the point to everything you say because I don't understand the commas.

Pelorus and jefflovstrom like this.
  4. DLEngele

Wow this thing had some rust! KIMG0138.JPG KIMG0141.JPG

Woodyjiw, Oldmaple and JeffGu like this.
  5. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

image.jpeg Nice night for a drive.

Oldmaple likes this.
  6. DR. P. Proteus

7. treebilly

treebilly ArboristSite Guru

Had a tough time getting motivated today. When I finally got moving, I cut my wood bin in half to make two. Full size made the mini a bit tipsy and the wife couldn't roll it out from under the landing to get wood out of it. Then I went to checking out my latest order from TS. All was good. I put Sena units on four different style helmets tonight. I've got a few more to go but it can wait till later this week. I'm tired and have a buzz. I'm going to bed

8. DLEngele

I don't get it.

9. Pelorus

Pelorus Uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Patience, grasshopper. The good Doctor is from an alien universe.

DLEngele likes this.
  10. DLEngele

I'm sure I will figure it out. All is good, but I want to laugh too!

11. BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast Addicted to ArboristSite

Then go back a thousand pages or so and begin reading. You'll catch up.

12. jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom It was a beautiful day!

You don't know the doctor like some of us, :crazy2:
    Jeff

Oldmaple and Pelorus like this.
  13. DR. P. Proteus

I tell you what...

Farming is no joke.

These mother****ers got me driving around 55 gallon drums of hot water like it was my job! Well, first I had to get the hot water running then schlepp it up and down the bumpy tundra to one pasture to next sloshing and spilling all the way.

After I thawed the hose bib with my trusty heat gun I had to go around and get all the hoses out of the snow and put them in the house to thaw. I finally got enough to make it to my truck to fill the drums.

I had taken the empty 5 gallon water jugs from my house and put a little rock salt and water in them then sealed the tops. I put them in the big water troughs as bobbers and they seem to be helping.

I'm standing out there last night with the owner asking her why she never Googled "How to keep water troughs thawed". That was the first thing that came up, the salt jugs.

Apparently the electric immersion heaters shock the horses but there ain't no letrik out dar anyhows.

I was thinking of insulating the troughs with chips. Not only insulate but the chips would provide heat.

And she wants me to drain the heat and domestic water in the one crap hole house so she doesn't have to heat it. It sure burns a lot of oil, drafty would be an understatement.

****ing Pit Bull came at me twice, both times I went right back at him and thought about reaching for my piece. I swung everything I had at his head but he is a ***** and ran but if you turn your back or even back up he will come. I pulled my arm swinging at that SOB.

The first time he got loose and surprised me at the back of my truck when I was filling the drums. I tried to be friends but the dog is too nuts. I had to chase him off. There was no one around but it was all concrete and horses so I yelled, advanced and was actually a little surprised to see him go away.

The second time I inadvertently walked by his cinder block and he snuck out from under the tractor in the dark and got a little close. I yelled and swung and would have had my gun in my hand but there were a lot of people over yonder. He wouldn't back down this time but he was tied to his block.

I forgot he was there cause I remember seeing him trying to cornhole the old lab and wanted to put a bullet in him then.

When I came back empty handed I ran at him and was going to lay into him cause I am getting sick of that ****er. But he won't commit, ****ing heal nipping pitt bull.

I go up there tomorrow I am going have something to whack him that is for sure. Maybe some of that hose.

jefflovstrom likes this.
  14. treebilly

treebilly ArboristSite Guru

Let the hose full of water again so it freezes up good and hard. Dan the dog fighter is back!!!

15. Pelorus

I dunno how you do it, Doc.
    I think a sand filled hose would pack more of a wallop.

16. JeffGu

JeffGu Antagonist/Heckler

Just let him bite you. He'll be so busy licking his ass, trying to get the taste of stale booze out of his mouth, that he won't be bothering you.

Jakers, hseII and Pelorus like this.
  17. Pelorus

Yeah...Let him bite you. Make sure it is an unprovoked attack with lotsa witnesses.
    Let that hound have a piece of you.
    I'll send you some flowers.

hseII likes this.
  18. DR. P. Proteus

I am waiting for my tater patties to come out of the toaster then I am going back in... to bed.

No.

The owner just called me, I have been sitting by my woodstove since 8am and am in NO hurry.

I love the smell of tater patties in the morning. Don't really love the smell of citronella oil I doused a couple logs with cause I was to lazy to chop kindling.

This lady has had this farm for over ten years, you think she would have implemented a better plan.

When I first saw the daughter heaving water from the drum on her truck with a bucket I said, " Glad that's not me."

Well she's on her honeymoon now.

hseII likes this.
  19. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

image.jpeg image.jpeg Trying to get some of this job before it turns to muck tomorrow. We're a ways out there and the heat wave is coming fast. Fear not though, I've got my trusty 50,000 sheets of plywood on site (if needed).

20. BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast Addicted to ArboristSite

Didn't you used to bite the dog back?