Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

whadja do today?

Discussion in 'Commercial Tree Care and Climbing' started by treevet, Jan 12, 2010.

1. jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom It was a beautiful day!

2. jefflovstrom

Man!,,, the rain we are getting is crazy, gonna have to call it a day on Thursday, not worth it.
    We have been working in the rain since the start of the year it seems. I know we need it, but it is a lot at a time,
    damn shallow rooted trees in SoCal are gonna go down, I hate emergency work, especially when the guys have been at it all day,
    It was a beautiful day!
    Jeff :cool:

DLEngele and Oldmaple like this.
  3. ValleyFirewood

ValleyFirewood Addicted to ArboristSite

Ran skidder. Pretty uneventful. Had 3 moose trying to eat trees I was hauling away and I got high centered on a tall stump, somehow had all 4 tires off the ground. Took some fighting with the grapple to push it off.
    Feller Buncher broke through the ice and dropped into the creek (water is maybe 2ft deep).

Oldmaple likes this.
  4. ksvanbrunt

ksvanbrunt ArboristSite Member

So this is either quite the oxymoron or we have completely different views/definitions of a beautiful day. Way to be positive man!

DLEngele, jefflovstrom and Oldmaple like this.
  5. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

Allow me to translate for you: the good Doctor has been playing with his petard again.:laugh:

DLEngele, DR. P. Proteus and gorman like this.
  6. DR. P. Proteus

DR. P. Proteus Addicted to ArboristSite

What are you talking about? Isn't CA in one of the worst droughts in history?

7. DR. P. Proteus

Talking bout dat dawg, getting all violent, got me feeling low. Plus the seasonal switch to cretin of the snow, dweller of the darkness whose preferred habitat is on the sofa by woodstove watching the weather channel or fussing with the heater in the truck. And I hate to be jostled to hard to early.

Which is why I layed sleepin til 9. That made me feel worse but I was afraid of the cold.

But it turned out warm enough to wash the truck and clean the garage. There is a bunny in there. And I have the intake and timing belt off of my old Yota. I was going to push it out and hose the 300k worth of oil of the engine now that I have it apart. Its been soaking for a week. But I only got to the salt spreader and the truck which I washed at the car wash.

I wasn't sure if I would be up at that farm. I have to drain all the water from the one house but don't know how nor am going from the outer basement all the way in and up to the second floor. I got the first floor and can drain the heater but won't until I figure out the second. Its HELL in that basement, scary, dark, dank, dirty HELL and I am afraid of **** like that.

I drove my hitch into one of the troughs and broke it and lied about and next time it comes up I will joke about how I lied about it and about my language in front of the young girls.

I am looking for steel troughs which I can heat with my barrel stove. Going to get set up splitting with it after I spray the area down with wood chips. I have a bunch of concrete fence posts I want to build a stand to put the trough ontop of the stove.

The really bad part of watering these horses is there is only ONE freaking hose! I mean that's all you can get at one time, a garden hose worth. It takes forever. One horse = 30 gal a day.

DLEngele and jefflovstrom like this.
  8. DR. P. Proteus

It was a nice axe but it was just an axe. I could go out anywhere and find a stray axe just like that. I didn't want to be rude and say that to him, he seemed quite enthralled.

tree MDS and DLEngele like this.
  9. treebilly

treebilly ArboristSite Guru

I'm crying bullshit on nature right now. Single digits Monday and in the 50's today. I got mud ******* deep to a seven foot tall Indian on my job right now. Ripped out the beaver damn and water has gone down by four feet in two days but it's still high and we got two inches of rain forecast for tomorrow. Looks to be a maintainence and training day in the shop.
    I did eat my lunch outside so it was a beautiful day:dancing:

DLEngele and jefflovstrom like this.
  10. jefflovstrom

Yeah, but these last 2 to 3 weeks have been able to put a lot of drops in the bucket.
    Jeff

11. DLEngele

DLEngele It's all in the hips.

Just my excitement. Thought I would share it. I have a bazillion things that are more important than an old axe. What a great distraction to me. KIMG0145.JPG

Pelorus, treebilly and tree MDS like this.
  12. jefflovstrom

certified arborist it says,
    are you an ISA Certified Arborist?
    curious Jeff

13. DLEngele

No I am not a ISA cert. This is my boss man's truck in my driveway. I sure could get it with my 12 or so years of climbing. I don't think it would matter for my situation. Thanks for asking.

14. jefflovstrom

you are welcome,
    but you did post that pic so you were promoting (yourself) or your company having a cert.arb,
    seems deceptive,
    btw, I climbed for 28 years, hang in there,,
    Jeff :rock:

15. jefflovstrom

16. DLEngele

My boss is ISA cert sir. No deception here sir. 28yrs....Wow nice stretch Jeff!

jefflovstrom likes this.
  17. BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast Addicted to ArboristSite

Estimate is done by an ISA Cert Arb, no guarantee that the guy doing the work has a clue. Not a slight on you, you may get a better deal and leave for somewhere else tomorrow.

dbl612 likes this.
  18. DLEngele

You really don't know. Right. All is good I don't have to defend myself. I make a good living. I can sleep at night(because I do the right things), and get calls everyday.

19. derwoodii

derwoodii Addicted to ArboristSite

well i had plans of shooting 300y @ my range at club my side of town but i ended up driving cross town to buy a bathroom cabinet and then welding a steel widget for a mate.... hmm not sure how that unfolded but it saved me $500 and him $50

Oldmaple, PA Dan and DLEngele like this.
  20. DR. P. Proteus