whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a help wanted ad in the paper, so I just went through my voicemail cleaning it out because it was full. I got to this on guy that called yesterday, his voice was already super low and slow as he rambled on about his experience, etc. Well I never realized I can slow the playback down on messages on my iPhone. What a great feature!! I just sat here listening to this guy for like five minutes and laughing my ass off! It was like I blacked out and had an acid flashback of my entire tree career!! If I could just figure out how to put that on a continuous loop and play it over the shop radio, I think I could finally find the courage to hang myself!!:yes:

I've got a help wanted ad in the paper, so I just went through my voicemail cleaning it out because it was full. I got to this on guy that called yesterday, his voice was already super low and slow as he rambled on about his experience, etc. Well I never realized I can slow the playback down on messages on my iPhone. What a great feature!! I just sat here listening to this guy for like five minutes and laughing my ass off! It was like I blacked out and had an acid flashback of my entire tree career!! If I could just figure out how to put that on a continuous loop and play it over the shop radio, I think I could finally find the courage to hang myself!!:yes:
Was his name Pete who's going to Portugal or something? Called the office the other day. Literally sat there for 5 minutes saying nothing as he rattled threw his experience. Reminded me of Frank Rizzo calling the car dealership for a salesmans job. " I cut trees down tough guy! I'm good, real good, I put that **** on the ground!"

Another stop on the wind damage train from a week and a half ago.
IMG_20170318_101754753_zps32hytqaq.jpg
IMG_20170318_101801880_zpsnowdfuuz.jpg
IMG_20170318_102431112_zpsn4tl9m5l.jpg

The well was about 3 feet from the base of the tree and it actually bent the well casing when it went over. Ground the stump yesterday and will finish clean up the debris tomorrow.

Had one guy last week leave a nearly 7 min message on how I couldn't expect anyone to work for that price, I should pay at least $30/hr, i should include beer and a car, etc, etc, etc.

I can only guess either special snowflake or ex .gov worker than made probably double what he should have.
I suppose he'd expect me to do his job, wipe the sandwich crumbs off his chin and help him toilet too?

Repairs......kevlar belt on the super jr 1625......followed by blown brake line on the f650 log truck.....not to be out done by a radiator/heater core bypass on one of the dodge dakotas......put a fire under bobcats ass to finally finish a pump replacement on one of the a300 machines after 4 months and 2 service managers.....followed by deciding to swap the entire driveline from one f650 donor truck to another because i want 22.5 wheels instead of the 19.5s it came with.....ran a fat screw in the side wall of a dump trailer tire because the nail in it woulldnt hold any more...sat in traffic to chase a check......picked up my six aluminum rims for the semi....paid a lilttle more on my custom harley build...questioned the bill....ordered a new battery for my fat tire chopper,borrowed one so me and the wife could ride....bought her her first starter bike.....250cc rebel with 2000 miles on it.....finally sat down recorded hours for the crew.....put plan together for the mornin.....took wife out to dinner with shots....(so far the highlight of my day)cashed out, fed the dog,renewed my adds for help and **** im selling.....and last but not least remembered this fn place....logged in and posted a crap thread to see if anybody still around.....then decided for post 999 id do this long winded ****......Hopin im not alone in these long ass days as the season is just starting to kick my redneck american ass.........I need thoughts for my 1000 post as i been around a min and kinda miss the ******** that comes along with sawdust and mix in my veins......Miss some of yall...and hope you know who you are.....Other than than that pretty much a normal day.....Oh ill add a pic of a monster camphor i dug a few years ago.....took them 2 hours to drop n chip it....took me two days to dig that lil bastard.......8000lb rootball......oh yea i forgot lost a transmission in one of the 450 bucket trucks.........

Attachments

• camphorrootball2.jpg
    camphorrootball2.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 30
had a birthday climbed a tree... throw bag flew nicely up over and then caught line on bark stalled wrapped it self with precision perfectionn :( .... so was forced to climb flip line & rope over limbs passage up to 50 odd foot to clear a big dead old hanger...

Just looked at a huge dead white pine that would make the average treeguy's balls cower. I want it. It's just the tops that are the whole deal. I think I can put on my cape and get er done. lol

I went ahead and right hooked that pitbull in the temple, his eyes went like a slot machine for a second and I don't remember ever throwing a better right hook, much less landing it so solidly.

He tried to blitz me as I was clambering out of the basement after beating on the boiler for two days. I had a wrench in my left hand and a Gerber on my belt which I need to cut through all the baling twine these women leave all over the place. They are like tumbleweeds around here and if you are unprepared they will snare you up. The women and the twine.

I stopped carrying a gun because it made me feel a little self conscious firing off rounds in the middle of all these little kids riding horses.

But we are buddies now, well, not really. He just stopped caring about me after I laid down on the ground on my back with my arms and legs sticking up in the air. That's all it took and now he don't even look at me anymore. The Snausages didn't even work, I think he only ate them because he is a dog and really has no choice but to eat stuff like that whenever possible. Its in their blood... like fighting dogs is in mine.

Women, mostly, seemed appalled that I counter with instant and greater brutality and, even though, I don't ask if they would just stand there and let the dog attack them I picture it in my mind.

It happens every few years and there have been quite a few attacks so don't get the idea I go looking to hurt animals but I got to say I sure get into when its happening.

Latest posts

Back