whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demoing a woodsman tomorrow. I need another chipper and this thing doesn’t even have 300 hrs on it. 169hp John Deere. Can’t wait.
bf193c43f7637f7e76efdce729dfc294.jpg
I got the 18x and we beat the crap out of it that's a good chipper. You can get smoking deals on them.

This is one I will refrain from commenting on,don't wanna get banned, and I would if I commented,
Jeff :cool:

Since you seem to be the self-ordained, all knowing tree expert around here, how about you stop being so coy and tell us what your issues are with my deleted post. Is it the fact that we hit the head of a nail with both the top and the spar thats got your shorts in a knot? Maybe its because we didn't break or waste a single board-foot of this beautiful and very valuable wood in the process? Could it be that 2 ugly old men getting the job done in under 3 hours is what got you all riled up? I for one am mystified! If it is as I suspect my lack of PPE that rubbed you wrong you can save your breath. After 40 years of working in the woods I can say the only real injury I sustained was early in my career while I was wearing all the PPE a man could ever want. Lucky for me an old-time hook tender in Alaska took me under his wing and among other things taught me to use my skills and senses to keep me safe. I have been practicing what he preached for over 38 yrs and it has keep me safe, injury free, productive, and pretty as ever. Excuse me if I don't buy into the standard ideas of safety and exercise my right to choose a different path. As they say "The Proof's in the Puddin," brother. I am living proof that there are other ways and sometimes better ways of doing things!

HmU7YZoeQXiS+9O26XIDvA_thumb_41.jpg

DSC_0121 copy.jpg

Lol... jesus, look at the bark on that thing!
Glad you enjoyed the picture! I got a thread (Work Photos from the Redwoods) over at the Picture Forum of some of our work. Nothing special. Just a couple old knuckleheads wreaking trees, skidding logs and milling lumber.

Glad you enjoyed the picture! I got a thread (Work Photos from the Redwoods) over at the Picture Forum of some of our work. Nothing special. Just a couple old knuckleheads wreaking trees, skidding logs and milling lumber.

I just finished reading/looking at the thread. Pretty impressive stuff, man! Very cool pics.

Since you seem to be the self-ordained, all knowing tree expert around here, how about you stop being so coy and tell us what your issues are with my deleted post. Is it the fact that we hit the head of a nail with both the top and the spar thats got your shorts in a knot? Maybe its because we didn't break or waste a single board-foot of this beautiful and very valuable wood in the process? Could it be that 2 ugly old men getting the job done in under 3 hours is what got you all riled up? I for one am mystified! If it is as I suspect my lack of PPE that rubbed you wrong you can save your breath. After 40 years of working in the woods I can say the only real injury I sustained was early in my career while I was wearing all the PPE a man could ever want. Lucky for me an old-time hook tender in Alaska took me under his wing and among other things taught me to use my skills and senses to keep me safe. I have been practicing what he preached for over 38 yrs and it has keep me safe, injury free, productive, and pretty as ever. Excuse me if I don't buy into the standard ideas of safety and exercise my right to choose a different path. As they say "The Proof's in the Puddin," brother. I am living proof that there are other ways and sometimes better ways of doing things!

View attachment 610745

View attachment 610704

lol, nah, I like your picks but I cringe at some, and yes it is the lack of PPE,
I quess having 16 guys to supervise, I will always be a PPE guy,
Jeff :cheers:

lol, nah, I like your picks but I cringe at some, and yes it is the lack of PPE,
I quess having 16 guys to supervise, I will always be a PPE guy,
Jeff :cheers:

I never used to wear a hard hat back in the day. I always managed to keep myself from getting clobbered somehow too. So I guess I hear what the dude is saying. That said, now that I've been wearing a petzl with chin strap for quite a few years, it has saved me from getting my skull (probably) cracked at least two times. So I guess I see both sides.

The pics are definitely cool though, so wtf cares. lol

I never used to wear a hard hat back in the day. I always managed to keep myself from getting clobbered somehow too. So I guess I hear what the dude is saying. That said, now that I've been wearing a petzl with chin strap for quite a few years, it has saved me from getting my skull (probably) cracked at least two times. So I guess I see both sides.

The pics are definitely cool though, so wtf cares. lol

That is all I was saying, if you are a pro you should show it, or at least promote it or post a disclaimer.
Jeff

That is all I was saying, if you are a pro you should show it, or at least promote it or post a disclaimer.
Jeff
I just happen to be a pro who chooses not to wear PPE (except chainsaw pants). Does that diminish my skills or lessen the quality of my work? I say no, as the skillset and the years of experience are found in the man not the PPE. I have mad respect for you running a 16 man crew and keeping them all safe. I sure hope they are paying you well because you are certainly earning it!

Back