What are you building with your milled wood? merged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a thread with these pics, but I thought I'd add them here too. My wife asked me to build her a shelf in her potting shed. Six months later I hadn't gotten it done. Then she went away for the weekend. When she got back she asked what I did while she was gone? I said I framed in your bench. A couple weeks later she asked if I planned on putting a sheet of plywood on her bench so she could store stuff on it over the winter? Well, I was getting in my truck to go get a sheet of plywood, and I looked in my trailer, and there sat 2 fir logs. I thought I've got a mill and a log, who needs plywood. So, a week or so later this is what she got, Joe.

20141021_1915251_zps1d7c0322.jpg

Its not much, but my wife likes it and that's really all that matters! and yes I know I need to get rid of the wood paneling and the baseboard now!

Finally got my lumber organized at my new house
f36d9a8e893b2af3b12a4a0728915a3e.jpg

Nice work and nice collection of lumber, bet that took you some time. Looks like you can easily access what you need, that's one problem I have not being able to get to a stack I'd like to use without moving stuff.

Nice work and nice collection of lumber, bet that took you some time. Looks like you can easily access what you need, that's one problem I have not being able to get to a stack I'd like to use without moving stuff.
Took me and another guy all day to move it and stack it

Cutting boards are always great to make and get plenty of use. A few yrs back I got large one for Christmas and I had to take my router to it in order to cut a channel for drippings. LOL.

Anyone interested in sharing shop pics? I work out of a spare bedroom with benchtop tools, it works for me for now. Congrats on new house

Latest posts

Back