What are you building with your milled wood? merged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg Built this bench from plan I got from Fine Woodworking. I didn't mill up the cedar. A buddy of mine had it milled from a bunch of downed trees on some property he owns on Vancouver Island. He dropped off a bunch of rough cut lumber and asked if I would build him a memorial bench for a member of his family. Happy to oblige.

Shame I can't say I'm a fan of the grey - silver aging look but then if we all did it the same way that would be just as bad. Love the shape of the back.

Had a nice old two drawer filing cabinet I just didn't want to throw away. Decided I could put some of my bigger tools in it. Keep them out of the way and clean. Then I got the idea to put my Dewalt tools in them. Got a piece of sap wood from the Dawn Redwood I milled a couple months ago. Couldn't believe how light it had gotten. Cut it down to fit in the drawer. Ran it through the Rigid 13" planer, then the Jet 16-32 sander, dropped it in the drawer, and put a couple coats of Min Wax wipe on Poly. Grabbed two old Dewalt batteries, took them apart, took the batteries out, and drilled a hole in the bottom. Put some liquid nails on the bottom of the batteries and screwed them to the board. Then I screwed the top of the battery back on. Took the clips that hold the tool to battery out while they were apart. Now I just slide the tools on the battery cases like a stand. Turned out OK, I'm happy, Joe.

That slab will hang underneath the cedar lodge pole that I built.
We bought my wife's parents place that lived there since 53
So I decided to put there name on it because everybody knew they lived all those years there.20160728_175702.jpg20160728_175644.jpg 20160728_175902.jpg

Looks great. Gonna be a nice present for sure. Make sure to post a pic of it once it's all set up.

Latest posts

Back