What are you building with your milled wood? merged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have plenty of log left over, I could make another mantle if I wanted. Having two pieces of end grain coming out of the wall was the other idea that I am working with.
Can you drill holes, set threaded rod/bolts in exactly perpendicular to wall and they support the mantel like hidden dowels.

I hollowed out the inside of the mantle and have a 4x4 that will be bolted to the wall with a 2x4 that will go on the front of the 4x4. the 2x4 will be able to be planed down to match the inside depth after I get done scribing the mantel to the rocks. Once everything is fitted I will either put a couple of one inch dowel pins through top to bottom or bolt through to the 4x4 and plug the holes to look like pins.

image.jpg Some end grain cutting boards and a cheese board I made for Xmas presents. This is right after the first coat of tung oil.

I ripped down some walnut and cherry that I had milled my very first time milling. I should have planed one side before running them through the table saw but it still worked out. The squares aren't perfect because of that reason but I'm happy for my first time making these.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Had a friend of a friend who wanted a slab piece for behind their sectional. I really like the way it ended up turning out. This is a 9' cherry slab finished with this fancy stuff called Rubio monocoat. It's a pure oil that only requires one coat. It's expensive but saves time and looks great. The smell is very pleasing compared to others finishes as well.

Shout out to member htetreau for welding me up those steel legs.

[QUOTE="BigOakAdot,

Had a friend of a friend who wanted a slab piece for behind their sectional. I really like the way it ended up turning out. This is a 9' cherry slab finished with this fancy stuff called Rubio monocoat. It's a pure oil that only requires one coat. It's expensive but saves time and looks great. The smell is very pleasing compared to others finishes as well.

Shout out to member htetreau for welding me up those steel legs.[/QUOTE]
What's the deal with the fence. I'm looking to use some pine and spruce wood for that kind of use.

Latest posts

Back