What are your firewood saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drain gas out of tank..pull out filter and hose....throw some small sharp hard rocks in there. shake like mad!!! get the rocks out,,and clean it with whatever..then go to a auto store, and get the red tank sealer,,and use according to directions..wayyyyy good stuff..about 34 a qt....end of problem..............
That does sound like a good idea I'll have to see if I can find it here

This is my most used firewood saw,

standard.jpg

I also love my 550xp,

standard.jpg

BUT, when I'm in the bigger wood, my Jonsered 2260 get's a workout,

standard.jpg

Ya gotta love the looks of a big load of firewood!

standard.jpg

It looks even better when it's all split! lol

standard.jpg

SR

New guy here. I do all my cutting with a Dolmar 7900, have 20" and 24" bars. Could probably stand something smaller but I just started to get into this so for now this one saw has done everything I needed it to do.
That 7900 may be the ultimate one saw plan. The weight of a 65 and a the muscle of an 80. You could always add a 40-50 cc dedicated limbing saw in the future.

That 7900 may be the ultimate one saw plan. The weight of a 65 and a the muscle of an 80. You could always add a 40-50 cc dedicated limbing saw in the future.

That's what I figured, after a bit of use and once my wife might buy into the extra expenditure. I just convinced her on the DHT splitter yesterday with the sale and 10% coupon at Lowe's, so gotta wait it out now!

That's what I figured, after a bit of use and once my wife might buy into the extra expenditure. I just convinced her on the DHT splitter yesterday with the sale and 10% coupon at Lowe's, so gotta wait it out now!
Ooh nice purchase! Yes I'd rather limb with a heavy saw and have access to a splitter too!

Funny that the 7900 and 461 are mentioned back to back. Those and the 241 are the top saws that I would purchase right now if I needed another saw.

I heard of some test recently where a guy said a 6100 would spank a 562 but after going to the chainsaw races and watching a 562 and 2260 clean house on the entire field of 56-65cc saws from every mfg I beg to differ. :D:D:D

I figured I had too many saws, so I gave a friend an old Homelite C5 with a 30" bar. He got it all tuned, new chain, and put it on a mill. If we have time he's going to bring it over and see how it does milling a green Chestnut Oak log I just cut down. It's only 77 CC, but is kinda torquey. We will see, Joe.

I figured I had too many saws, so I gave a friend an old Homelite C5 with a 30" bar. He got it all tuned, new chain, and put it on a mill. If we have time he's going to bring it over and see how it does milling a green Chestnut Oak log I just cut down. It's only 77 CC, but is kinda torquey. We will see, Joe.
They don't cut fast but they do keep the chain moving. Bring earplugs :D

Funny that the 7900 and 461 are mentioned back to back. Those and the 241 are the top saws that I would purchase right now if I needed another saw.

I heard of some test recently where a guy said a 6100 would spank a 562 but after going to the chainsaw races and watching a 562 and 2260 clean house on the entire field of 56-65cc saws from every mfg I beg to differ. :D:D:D
I recently acquired a ported 562, only bar I had for it was a 32", cut a red fir last weekend that was a little bigger than the bar, handled the 32" bar just fine, very impressive saw! Really like this saw I think it's going to be my new favorite firewood saw. Very light for the power, handles great, always starts good.

I recently acquired a ported 562, only bar I had for it was a 32", cut a red fir last weekend that was a little bigger than the bar, handled the 32" bar just fine, very impressive saw! Really like this saw I think it's going to be my new favorite firewood saw. Very light for the power, handles great, always starts good.
A ported 562 is an angry beast indeed. My first experience on a 562 was a Landrum ported model and I needed to have one.

A ported 562 is an angry beast indeed. My first experience on a 562 was a Landrum ported model and I needed to have one.
Yes sir it is. I bet that was a good one too. It's one of those saws that are just really fun to cut with, always looking for a reason to start it up and don't want to put it down.

Latest posts

Back