What can i do to increase sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to Bailey's because I can get the parts cheap and if the guy on the phone can't answer my questions, they will have a tech on the phone in minutes.

do you have live people answering the phone to help?

i do the whole show by myself i package boxes i order parts i ship the parts i answer the phones i search for hard to find parts i do everything not to mention if i will ever get repair work only problem there is my location is in the country and not in town so people dont like driving 25 miles to get to me

thats why the snapper dealer in town gets all the repair work

outragious in labor prices but people rather go to him than drive 23 miles

but just wait he will have competition once the bankrupcy is finalized

and the other online stores will have competition also cause im going to pay the search engines so much each month to put me on top of the list

i dont sell stens products i sell oem and oregon my oregon prices are lower than others cause i try to be nice to consumers

Chainsaw minor Tune Ups $ 15.00 flat rate Lawnmower push mowers $ 29.95 includes oil change and blade sharpening

Riders $ 69.95 includes servicing the deck and make sure everything is operational order

those are the prices i am going to post on my board when i move into a new building come february or march

i just got to get thru this slump im in currently to get the ball rolling

Last edited:
i wonder how much baileys has done since monday i know i only have had

8 orders since monday and under 200.00 for the whole week and half of that goes to the distributors

so do you see what im worried about
? which is causing my heart to skip beats

can you sell firewood the time is here for that you can ma ke enough money to pay the bills in winter .

The most glaring problem I can see with your site is that the parts are identified by part number instead of model fitment. People are lazy and most don't know the part number for the part they are looking for. They would rather do a generic search for "MS 290" than a part number search for a clutch drum. Admittedly I haven't seen your site lately but last time I was there looking through McCulloch parts there were very few references to what saw the part fit. A better search system on your site would do wonders, IMHO.

my thoughts

I've owned small retail businesses and struggled with the website deal as well.

Honestly, your website is not very interesting and takes alot of mental energy to get around. I know you have a wide variety of parts, but if you look at other websites, I think you'll see they are bolder, with bigger print and images and a bit easier to use. You have to KEEP people on your site.

As for selling, I always found that if you could get someone on the phone, your chances of actually SELLING SOMETHING were much higher if you could prove to them that you had the expertise AND the merchandise. People are less willing to wait for anything these days, and I'm guessing when somebody needs a part for a saw, the NEED it or at least think they can't wait. You could emphasise your toll free # and at least get them on the phone.

Your prices on work seem inexpensive to me, but I never lived in your part of the country. I know in California, your prices are less than half of what the average service shop would charge.

Good luck to you.

Pete

I've owned small retail businesses and struggled with the website deal as well.

Honestly, your website is not very interesting and takes alot of mental energy to get around. I know you have a wide variety of parts, but if you look at other websites, I think you'll see they are bolder, with bigger print and images and a bit easier to use. You have to KEEP people on your site.

As for selling, I always found that if you could get someone on the phone, your chances of actually SELLING SOMETHING were much higher if you could prove to them that you had the expertise AND the merchandise. People are less willing to wait for anything these days, and I'm guessing when somebody needs a part for a saw, the NEED it or at least think they can't wait. You could emphasise your toll free # and at least get them on the phone.

Your prices on work seem inexpensive to me, but I never lived in your part of the country. I know in California, your prices are less than half of what the average service shop would charge.

Good luck to you.

Pete
i actually got a designer working on a new site theme and i kind of like what it will be looking like i will also have them make up the words i actually changed the font size to a little bigger font size to where its easier to read the main page but i cannot load the other site till i get this bankruptcy done cause the new url is a unique url easy to remember and plus search engines will love that url

for keywords purposes
unless someone out there is good at grammer i know im not lol

i think someone needs a time out
i was told not to pay people that have a attitude on here any mind and im not

Last edited:
  1. Open an ebay store.
  2. Have someone proofread your advertisements for grammar--people like to see proper punctuation and spelling in advertisements. Grammar is a direct reflection on you.
  3. No matter how you feel, display a positive and helpful attitude in any dealings with customers. Negativity, like poor grammar, gives an impression of incompetence, and in the least, it makes customers uncomfortable.
  4. Set a goal that you will respond to any communication with customers within 24 hours. Check phone and email at least twice daily. Communicate with customers the status of their order. Notify them when you receive the order, and when you ship the order, which should be no later than 2 days after getting the order. Provide tracking information in this communication.

Except for the ebay store, these are the bare bones of good customer service, and should not be seen as optional.

Calvin,

I certainly hope that you pull out of this low point and do great, as far as improving your internet sales, and please take this as constructive criticism as that's what it is,

1. Website is hard to search, you need a whole new layout.
2. Make it clear on the site that you can do special order / hard to find etc.
3. Pictures sell.
4. Search engines are your friend in this
5. like others said find a gimmick you can offer, people respond to special services.

Probably the biggest thing Ive seen is that your webpage is hard to navigate.

Best to you,
Jeremy

Latest posts

Back