What can i do to increase sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a screen shot I took of your home page, and a quick rework I did in word. Which is easier and more friendly to read?

Feel free to use my suggestions:

Here's a screen shot I took of your home page, and a quick rework I did in word. Which is easier and more friendly to read?

i do see what you are saying now it looks crumbled question how did you do that box is there a certain tabs to use to create a table like that ?

i need to know what pizels that was as far as width and height so i can create that table im actually editing the homepage to look like that hope it works and i have you to thank
for it

calvin

i do see what you are saying now it looks crumbled question how did you do that box is there a certain tabs to use to create a table like that ?

i need to know what pizels that was as far as width and height so i can create that table im actually editing the homepage to look like that hope it works and i have you to thank
for it

calvin

Depends on what software you are using. That's word--not a webpage building software. About anything will have borders and different tables you can use--you just have to play with it.

If you keep the words to a minimum, it makes it easier to read. Also, use color and borders to help separate the sections and emphasize the parts you want.
Putting the "free shipping" part in red and making it a large font makes it one of the first things noticed, whereas being buried at the bottom of a page of uniform text will cause most people to miss it.

You have to remember that a lot of people are looking at multiple sites and coming from a search page. They'll look for about 10 seconds at your page, and if it is not laid out well they'll move on. They're not going to take time to sort through the information--it has to be clear and readily available, with the main points emphasized. You're always in a competition for people's attention with advertising.

Depends on what software you are using. That's word--not a webpage building software. About anything will have borders and different tables you can use--you just have to play with it.

If you keep the words to a minimum, it makes it easier to read. Also, use color and borders to help separate the sections and emphasize the parts you want.
Putting the "free shipping" part in red and making it a large font makes it one of the first things noticed, whereas being buried at the bottom of a page of uniform text will cause most people to miss it.

You have to remember that a lot of people are looking at multiple sites and coming from a search page. They'll look for about 10 seconds at your page, and if it is not laid out well they'll move on. They're not going to take time to sort through the information--it has to be clear and readily available, with the main points emphasized. You're always in a competition for people's attention with advertising.

try it let me know if it needs any adjustment

The rewrite is much easier to follow, space I think you missed your calling, should be a website designer!!

Calvin, also dont forget to do something to set the "let us find it for you" apart as well, I think that is one of the things that will grab people if they see it.

Last edited:
i like playing with the program i use in the back end of the site be something someone was browsing that homepage and wadda changes right in front of them that would be something just added a extra eye catcher down at the bottom left you will see my secure site label which tells people that the site is secure website

that alone may increase popularity

i will give this a try i think its much easier to read actually i think the search engines will like it as well

i made if you searching for hard to find part we have sources to try and locate the part call us for details i made that big bold red

you got some good help

I agree with the other posters. Forget about Bailey's. In my hunting and fishing stores, I'd go crazy thinking about Cabela's and the discount internet dealers, but you have to offer what they can't.

I'd say, let someone do your website for you. There are lots of unemployed people around who used to do that for a living. Spend your time doing what you are good at.

DEINITELY fix the syntax and grammar on your site.

As for your repair work, if you have customers in town that you know, but they don't want to drive out to you.... have sceduled days when you go to town and pick up stuff and deliver it at the end of the week. It is better than sitting in front of the computer waiting for orders. You can have your 800 number routed to your cellphone so you won't miss a call if you're on the road.

Just thinking.

Good luck.

Pete

I agree with the other posters. Forget about Bailey's. In my hunting and fishing stores, I'd go crazy thinking about Cabela's and the discount internet dealers, but you have to offer what they can't.

I'd say, let someone do your website for you. There are lots of unemployed people around who used to do that for a living. Spend your time doing what you are good at.

DEINITELY fix the syntax and grammar on your site.

As for your repair work, if you have customers in town that you know, but they don't want to drive out to you.... have sceduled days when you go to town and pick up stuff and deliver it at the end of the week. It is better than sitting in front of the computer waiting for orders. You can have your 800 number routed to your cellphone so you won't miss a call if you're on the road.

Just thinking.

Good luck.

Pete

takes money to do this stuff and its just that i dont have right now just like it takes 60.00-100.00 to get my medicines i need for my blood pressure and heart condition and dont even have that right now cause no orders have came in in over a week

what do i do ?

What kind of website traffic are you getting (unique visitors)? Hopefully you are reviewing your analytics and know what is driving people to your website. (keywords)

I'd recommend getting your company listed in industry specific directories. (free listings) Make sure they aren't link farms.

Also, list your business utilizing the multiple free online-classifieds that are available. Several allow you to post a link to your website. We've used this to get the word out in addition to some specific advertising. Our web traffic has tripled in a year. :)

Make sure you are optimizing your website for the keywords that drive your traffic.

Best of luck!

Put a bid out on E-lance to redo your site, there are some real pros out there that work super cheap, Money goes in escrow and is not paid until you are satisfied. I have used them for two of my non-profits and they were outstanding and fast. That frees you up to work on answering the phone and shipping orders..

I should also add that Google is now taking cues from Local, Universal and personal search. It is also taking cues from social media, so fire up your Facebook Fan Page, get a Twitter account going, Utilize YouTube, Flickr and Linkedin.

Brand your company, drive traffic to your website and get listed.

Seriously (this is a good site to check if you have your website well positioned locally)

http://www.getlisted.org

:blob2:

Dont know how much work it would be to do this on your site but i would suggest putting on someway of selecting the saw or mower or whatever im looking for parts to and then let it show me what you have available that will fit that model i may only be looking for one part but if i see you got several things i could use available id be more inclined to order all of it at once just an idea

I`ll tell you what you don`t do. I bought 30 grand wort of tools from a dealership and parts etc. One day I needed a bolt for my Husky Zero turn mower and the cheap bast... sent me a bill for it. I no longer take my bidness there and I don`t recommended them. Cheap buggers! I hate being nickeled and dimed.

I`ll tell you what you don`t do. I bought 30 grand wort of tools from a dealership and parts etc. One day I needed a bolt for my Husky Zero turn mower and the cheap bast... sent me a bill for it. I no longer take my bidness there and I don`t recommended them. Cheap buggers! I hate being nickeled and dimed.

I know....that is a kick in the twins, you spend thousands of dollars at a dealership, become an aquaintance & joke, laugh, have coffee, etc... then you need a $1 - $2 dollar bolt, nut, screw, etc... YOU`RE GONNA CHARGE ME???? I asked, could you just put that on my next purchase, prolly next week?........................Sorry!!! you gotta pay NOW!!!

I dealt with this dealership for years & in my busy season was in there 1-2 times a week!! NOW.......I dont give my biz to just one service, I spread it around & Ill let whoever know: I can get that at a better price at so n so`s!! SORRY!!!! boy they hate that!!

You`re in a rough biz my friend, My Father did that for years & he had the ins & outs of it, he was a foreman in a multi employer union....so he did work for all the major line companies.....he`d work the 8-4:30 shift come home n run the shop till 9pm or later..........he got out of it about 10 years ago, WHY? too many shops popping up, box stores selling name brands, etc.. your homelite, poulan, saw parts/sales is not gonna keep you!!!!

most guys I know in your line of work have other jobs they do!!! only a dealership that caters to a wide assortment of things makes it full time here & barely at that!!!!!

LXT.................

Customer service is number one. My one attempt at purchasing a part from you a year or two ago went w/ out a response. Needless to say I don't give second chances at my hard earned money.
Buck up little camper and quite your sniveling, ya might just have to work for your dollars.

I know....that is a kick in the twins, you spend thousands of dollars at a dealership, become an aquaintance & joke, laugh, have coffee, etc... then you need a $1 - $2 dollar bolt, nut, screw, etc... YOU`RE GONNA CHARGE ME???? I asked, could you just put that on my next purchase, prolly next week?........................Sorry!!! you gotta pay NOW!!!

I dealt with this dealership for years & in my busy season was in there 1-2 times a week!! NOW.......I dont give my biz to just one service, I spread it around & Ill let whoever know: I can get that at a better price at so n so`s!! SORRY!!!! boy they hate that!!

You`re in a rough biz my friend, My Father did that for years & he had the ins & outs of it, he was a foreman in a multi employer union....so he did work for all the major line companies.....he`d work the 8-4:30 shift come home n run the shop till 9pm or later..........he got out of it about 10 years ago, WHY? too many shops popping up, box stores selling name brands, etc.. your homelite, poulan, saw parts/sales is not gonna keep you!!!!

most guys I know in your line of work have other jobs they do!!! only a dealership that caters to a wide assortment of things makes it full time here & barely at that!!!!!

LXT.................
Well the Zero turn is just to do my lawn now and no the bioch of it is they SENT me a bill for 3.50 bolt! it proly cost more to piss me off than it was worth.

Latest posts

Back