1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

What can you tell me about this chipper (2070 Gas)

Discussion in 'Morbark, Inc.' started by grizant, Feb 26, 2011.

1. grizant

grizant New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Hey there Morbark!
    I've got a chance to buy a little 2070 with a 35 HP gas motor on it. Don't even know the year. I run a commercial tree care business here in Houston. In Houston, I don't see a lot of Morbark equipment, and the only pics and videos I see of this little machine have it chipping some kind of soft wood form up north. Can someone tell me what this little guy might do with a bit of South Texas Live Oak? My other chipper is a 120 horse CAT Altec 1217HP.

I'm basically just looking for some advice. The folks that want to sell it are asking $4500 and it only has 88 hours on it!

View attachment 173965
  2. AshTree

AshTree ArboristSite Lurker

May 19, 2008

Thats a 60hp Gas Wisconsin Engine, I just bought one with the 33hp diesel Kobota engine and I like it... It depends on the truck you match it too... Let me know how far the discharge chute throws chips for you... That is my only issue. I bought mine and I do like it. Quite heavy however. Does yours have auto feed. Mine Does and it runs great with it. A true 9" machine. Call me and I will go through what I know about it with you. 6472800200.
    treeclimber101 likes this.
  3. CalTreeEquip

CalTreeEquip ArboristSite Guru

Oct 12, 2006
    $4500 is a great deal for that, it's worth at least $8,000 if the hours are real and it looks like they are. Probably a city unit that sat in the sun and never got used. For that money you can have a nice little unit to run behind a pickup truck for those hard to reach places. Nice!