What did you buy yourself today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300zx_tt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all, was on another forum I frequent and saw a thread like this.

The general premise is to post a picture of something related to this forum, that you bought that day. New, used, perfect condition or non running. From trucks and saws to a new bar, post what you bought today.

I'll start:
Logrite 60" cant hook

IMG_1206.JPG

I must be the exception to most because I pride myself on not buying new "toys". I get by with as little as possible but without beating myself up being cheap. Outside of new chains, I haven't bought anything since I got my 80cc saw 5-6 years ago

"What did you buy yourself today?" ? well lets see somethings are mystical, mythical and materialistic.... so today I bought myself some of the best available, "TIME".... that's right "TIME" as time to do a little self reflection an reminiscing of summers end. past, present an future thoughts are good for the soul! so after a good day to reflect, I would say I bought myself a "PEACEFUL MIND" ........

I bought myself another project, (Kubota diesel)

standard.jpg

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with it! lol

SR

New set of Husqvarna chaps and grabbed a little Stihl hatchet on sale in a bucket sitting on the checkout counter. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I haven't reached the point yet where I've said "nope, I have too many edged implements laying around".

Wife and I went to the Woodstock Farm Show today to look at some equipment. Bought food and drinks of course. On the way home we stopped at Green Valley Heating and spent around $700 on supplies to reroute some lines in my house and hook up the boiler to my shop. Wanted a fan forced water to air exchanger for the shop but the only one they had was a 40,000 BTU stainless steel one for $1700 before taxes. I left it sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I already have a 60,000 BTU one that I cobbled together myself and it's going to work just fine, about saving $1700 just fine. Haven't got any pictures of it. Oh and on the way home my wife said we had to stop at the jewellery store to pick up a ring she was getting fixed. I sat in the truck while she went it, I should have been concerned that it took her 15 minutes. Sat down tonight to the computer and she slinks over and says "thank for the early birthday present" her birthday is in April. Apparently I bought her a new diamond ring. And no of course I never asked how much her early present was. I started to but then she reminded me that I just bought a new bandsaw mill 2 weeks ago. Some things are better left un asked.

Latest posts

Back