What did you learn today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned that the bacon I pulled out of the cure is just a bit too salty and the brown sugar burns in the pan, it's going to have to be baked instead of fried.

I also read Bell's book again......

Even though that book relates to motorcycle engines......there's a lot of good stuff in it.

The green colored chicken at the indian restaurant I go to is pretty darn good.

Carbs are the debil!!!
Cleaned 3 times, everything is spotless, new kit and still won't idle.
Pulled the new WT 194 out that i have been saving and tried it.
The saw works properly now so i need to mod the muffler.

Motors are straightforward compared to the black magic voodoo inside the carb.

We used Devcon F, i think to seal the secondary metering wells on Q jet carbs. If cleaned properly the devcon would be there for many years.
We used the metering rods out of the big station wagons, they had a different taper and would make a light car really go.
Then you bushed and reamed the throttle plate shaft bores to fix the slop/air leaks.

Later on a really smart man showed us the tricks of the Holley metering blocks to get smooth fuel delivery thru the midrange to come off the corner really hard to make your pass on the next car before the next corner.
The guys that used the big accelerator pumps to dump fuel could not maintain traction to keep up with those mods.

I used to be able to learn stuff that worked through experience, now the idjits armed with a computer read a few things and think they know it all without ever touching a wrench.
I do get to laugh at a guy that designs stuff on the computer all day. He brings me his saws, weedeaters and mower to fix cause he can't. The concept of clean non ethanol fuel escapes his engineer mind.

Back