What do you guys pay for...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take the bar and chain off, as well because those can get too heavy.

With the combined weight savings of not carrying around that heavy bar and chain I can walk fast around in the timber. Life as a logger has never been better. I hear some crosscut saws are lighter than these 660's, that might be the next smart move???

I'm thinking about going to a lighter wieght gas and oil mix next or maybe none, don't know, still deciding on that one,

Sam

361's don't need spikes, bars, chains, gas and oil to cut wood. They run and saw on the love you give them as 361 owners.

I'm thinking about removing my gas and oil caps.........have you ever wieghed those???.......they are heavy.

I figure the total combined weight saving will make up for the lessened effeciency of having to cut everything with the pull cord on the high side.

Additionally, the saw should get lighter quicker as the gas and oil spill out on my way to the first tree. Thus making up for my increased fatigue with each passing step.

One step.....One slosh of fuel out of the cap, if I can walk and slosh at a 1 to 1 ratio, I figure by the time I make it part way into the timber, the saw will be empty and therefore lighter.......... PERFECT and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Now, off to see what other industrial strategies I can come up with.

Sam

I'm thinking about removing my gas and oil caps.........have you ever wieghed those???.......they are heavy.

I figure the total combined weight saving will make up for the lessened effeciency of having to cut everything with the pull cord on the high side.

Additionally, the saw should get lighter quicker as the gas and oil spill out on my way to the first tree. Thus making up for my increased fatigue with each passing step.

One step.....One slosh of fuel out of the cap, if I can walk and slosh at a 1 to 1 ratio, I figure by the time I make it part way into the timber, the saw will be empty and therefore lighter.......... PERFECT and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Now, off to see what other industrial strategies I can come up with.

Sam

Don't forget about how much more hp your saw will have when its running lean and out of fuel,

Back