What do you have for a trash saw/truck saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last "trash" saw I loaned out was a Mac 3516, loaned to tree removal company. It was returned to me with a broken outer handle, bent bar, burned up chain, broken pull cord, and no bar oil inside the oil tank. Apparently it was also dropped from a bucket loader about 30 feet up. I fixed it all, and placed it on a shelf in my garage for safe keeping. Luckily, I had parts.
Did they return a hundred dollar bill with it for the damage?!

The last "trash" saw I loaned out was a Mac 3516, loaned to tree removal company. It was returned to me with a broken outer handle, bent bar, burned up chain, broken pull cord, and no bar oil inside the oil tank. Apparently it was also dropped from a bucket loader about 30 feet up. I fixed it all, and placed it on a shelf in my garage for safe keeping. Luckily, I had parts.
??? I MUST BE DUMB OR SOMETHING?? WHY WOULD YOU LOAN A SAW TO A "TREECOMPANY" ANYWAY ?? !!! must not have been a pro. 1 man company working out of a Volkswagen truck with dangly rear bumper hey!

??? I MUST BE DUMB OR SOMETHING?? WHY WOULD YOU LOAN A SAW TO A "TREECOMPANY" ANYWAY ?? !!! must not have been a pro. 1 man company working out of a Volkswagen truck with dangly rear bumper hey!
I thought they would return the favor with a load of firewood from the tree. That never happened. I learned my lesson the hard way. They asked the following week to borrow the same saw again. Can you believe that? I cannot print the words that I then said to them here.

I thought they would return the favor with a load of firewood from the tree. That never happened. I learned my lesson the hard way. They asked the following week to borrow the same saw again. Can you believe that? I cannot print the words that I then said to them here.
Gotta buy meth

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

MS250 "home owner" version. I would loan it to nearly all folks except our next door neighbor who could destroy a framing hammer.
My only loaner as well. Can do most anything they'll need to do. Send couple cans of Trufuel and a spare chain.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Some of the places I go for my job require driving through a large burned area on mountain roadsView attachment 601602 with very little traffic, it's not unusual to have to cut trees out of the road, my husky 550 rides in the truck with me on those days and in my my pickup also.
550 defiantly not a "trash saw" but it's what I use for now. Once I get the 51 running again will use it, guess you could call it my trash saw sense I got from the dump lol. IMG_1352.JPG

550 defiantly not a "trash saw" but it's what I use for now. Once I get the 51 running again will use it, guess you could call it my trash saw sense I got from the dump lol. View attachment 601662
That's a keeper, not a trash saw. I think it's the older brother to the 350 and 353 and will run right with them. I simply cannot believe somebody threw that into the dump, but I suppose anything is possible these days.

That's a keeper, not a trash saw. I think it's the older brother to the 350 and 353 and will run right with them. I simply cannot believe somebody threw that into the dump, but I suppose anything is possible these days.
Ya it's actually in great shape, was just missing starter cover, ran very well until someone tried to port it, in process of putting aftermarket piston and cyl on it now. Great truck saw.

Ya it's actually in great shape, was just missing starter cover, ran very well until someone tried to port it, in process of putting aftermarket piston and cyl on it now. Great truck saw.
I'm trying to do the same thing with a 350 and having no luck. I may just save it for backup parts. Let us know if your aftermarket kit works, I may end up ordering the same one. The one I installed only delivered 105 psi compression, and that's usually too low to run. I read somewhere that only about half the Husky aftermarket cylinder kits work. The one I installed on the larger 61 worked like a charm.

I'm trying to do the same thing with a 350 and having no luck. I may just save it for backup parts. Let us know if your aftermarket kit works, I may end up ordering the same one. The one I installed only delivered 105 psi compression, and that's usually too low to run. I read somewhere that only about half the Husky aftermarket cylinder kits work. The one I installed on the larger 61 worked like a charm.
FWIW the $35 farmertec p+c on my 350 pulled good compression with base gasket delete.

I've cut mud brick and corrugated iron but I've never cut ice either.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk
I have an older 40cc Sears Craftsman and a 42 cc Poulan that I use for crap jobs. Craftsman leaks bar oil a bit so it sits on a plastic tray wherever it goes.
I'd love to try cutting one of my ice fishing holes with a chainsaw too.
But then I've got 3 Swedish ice augers so I never got to it.
We do have a lot of cold weather and ice here though. It's usually about 12"-30" thick.
Most of the guys drive their trucks out on it to set up to fish, there's even a local with a small tow trailer that he pulls out on Moira Lake every year and sets up a TV, BBQ, lawn chairs and everything.

Back