What does this cylinder go to? 272???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idiotwithasaw

another row to hoe
Reaction score
Got this cylinder in a box of parts, have no idea what it's to. Bore measures almost 50mm is this an oem cylinder, and is it a 268/272 like I suspect. Or am I way off and it's a boat anchor. It's also clean with no score or transfer. Thanks again.IMAG2070.jpg IMAG2071.jpg IMAG2072.jpg IMAG2073.jpg IMAG2074.jpg IMAG2075.jpg 1448981500167-1895311847.jpg 1448981521112-994547978.jpg

I thought the later ones had a clamp on type. Maybe it's off a jonsered 630/670 series saw. It's a nice looking quad closed port jug. Just be nice to know what it goes to.

Ok went back and watched the spike60 saw college and it's obvious that I'm wrong, still wanna know what it's too however.

looks like your mic may be held a little funny? looks like it may be less than the 50mm shown.. clues are quad closed port, intake boot style, and external impulse and flywheel side decomp.....it does not appear to be any oem cylinder mfgr i have ever seen (there are really only a few)

just did a quick search on internets and nathan nailed it.
Was there any doubt???

I know most of the 6400/7900 cylinders were marked EM on the base so I was leaning toward cutoff saw cylinder as they look quite the same. I can identify dolmar cylinders pretty easy but am not fully qualified to determine the cutoff saw vs chainsaw cylinder.

Was there any doubt???

I know most of the 6400/7900 cylinders were marked EM on the base so I was leaning toward cutoff saw cylinder as they look quite the same. I can identify dolmar cylinders pretty easy but am not fully qualified to determine the cutoff saw vs chainsaw cylinder.
so is this actually an oem cylinder?

Yeah. That's a Dolmar 7300 series. I compared it to some of mine.
Chainsaw Jim is right, they can be opened up a lot. I sometimes put the big bore 54mm Nikasil aftermarket kits for the Chainsaws on those Dolmar cutoff saws. They are cheaper than the 50mm kits made for them anyway, so why not upgrade to more power. The only mod it takes is slightly clearancing the crankcase to allow the piston skirt to clear. It really livens them up. I've had some in service for years now without issue.

Back