What Husky saw is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea. It's on CL. And yes, I noticed it had undergone a handle delete. Really an overrated process.

But seriously, sometimes tags do legit get illegible/destroyed. It's less of a red flag to me on a 20+ year old parts saw without a handle than a nice saw.

Thought maybe the top cover might be unique to a model or two.

I have a couple saws I will probably never sell, neither if them have a tag. I bought them out of a dealer pile, they were warranty returns and husqvarna wanted the tags back. One is a really nice looking 390 and the other is a 576. These saws will never be sold, but I know if I did not having tags would make it difficult.

I have a couple saws I will probably never sell, neither if them have a tag. I bought them out of a dealer pile, they were warranty returns and husqvarna wanted the tags back. One is a really nice looking 390 and the other is a 576. These saws will never be sold, but I know if I did not having tags would make it difficult.

If I have your name, and meet you at the place google says is your address, and nothing seems weird and you're asking close to what it's worth and not in a hurry, then I don't worry about it.

It could be a 181 with a high top cover for all we know. The 281/288 flywheel side case has an extra hole in it just to the top left of the rear AV mount on that side, the 181 case does not have this hole. It's circled in the picture below.

Other things to note about the saw in question:
1) It's missing a bar stud.
2) It's got a 268/272 chains brake on it.

It also seams there is a 262 laying on the floor under the bench.

IMG_1988 - Copy.JPG

It could be a 181 with a high top cover for all we know. The 281/288 flywheel side case has an extra hole in it just to the top left of the rear AV mount on that side, the 181 case does not have this hole. It's circled in the picture below.

Other things to note about the saw in question:
1) It's missing a bar stud.
2) It's got a 268/272 chains brake on it.

It also seams there is a 262 laying on the floor under the bench.

View attachment 505033
Wow.
Granite work bench. Nice
-and some hooch to make work funner!

What sort of price is on this thing? As @srcarr52 said above its defintely got some missing/mismatched parts, and looks like someone had a hard time figuring out that chainbrake program... Could be a really sweet parts saw.

What sort of price is on this thing? As @srcarr52 said above its defintely got some missing/mismatched parts, and looks like someone had a hard time figuring out that chainbrake program... Could be a really sweet parts saw.

150 obo...but I'm likely not going to get to it this weekend and no way I'd give a Benjamin for it. I thought I was going to be in the sellers area, but now it'd be 100 mile drive that I have no other reason to make.

Wow.
Granite work bench. Nice
-and some hooch to make work funner!

It's formica, and the hooch bottle is full of premix with water separated out to show the owner of a blown up saw.

@CascadeHusky I'd drive 100 mils and pay a c-note for that. Good 181/281/288 builders are becoming hard to find.

Latest posts

Back