What is a top condition used Timberwolf TW6 worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefs584ever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 4 year old Timberwolf TW6 that has only been used for my personal needs that I am looking at selling. Wondering what the unit would realistically bring for price. Has a 4 way wedge, table grate, log lift and that now elusive auto cycle. Unit has always been stored inside and is in top shape.
Trying to get an idea of what it would realistically bring.
Only reason I am selling is that I have changed my firewood cutting strategy and have just purchased a processor. Taking the heavy work out of it to save my back.
I appreciate any advice on what the TW6 is worth.

Prices vary

The dealer 35 miles from me has a new TW-6 sitting on the floor with 4 and 6 way wedges and the outfeed table for $9500 +tax, IIRC. (No auto-cycle obviously)

I've got to go there in the next week to demo a skid steer by-pass grapple so I'll sniff a best price on the TW-6 and report back if you can wait a few.

Depending on how bad you want to sell, I would say start at $7500, you can always go down. If you can wait a couple months as we get into fall, the splitter market, at least around here, heats up. This time of year big money items are difficult to sell as everyone seems to be tapped out from vacation, property taxes and / or both.

Take Care

Since its in Iowa, I'll give you $500 bucks for it, might chip in a little more if you deliver to NC:lol:

Actually, I have never seen a Timberwolf splitter of any size, so i dont have a clue as to what they sell for. Most of the folks around here just buy the speedco's and Huskeys the big box store sells, or build their own.

That thing looks barely used and you bought a processor!!!!! WOW! They are near 10K new, so I would think the $7500 mentioned earlier is the low side for one as nice as yours. I would ask $8500-9000 and go from there. Keep in mind you are saving the customer tax also. You can always come down, but can never go up.

If someone is looking a new ones they better be in the pickup going to Iowa to buy yours. Never going to find a used commerical splitter any cleaner.
That unit is nearly pristine! Well equipped and obviously well cared for.If it was mine and I was selling it I wouldn't take a penny less than $7000.00.,

realistically if its 10k new sure 8k may be possible if you want to try selling it for the summer. I think 6500 is the range & should be your bottom price, maybe 7k can be your bottom dollar. Depends on how quick youd like to sell it. If you post it for 8k & get zero interest after a few weeks then you need to come down on price. Me, id list it high & let it sit & hope to get a good offer, others who have the extra $$$ can afford to part with good stuff for less but us poor frugal type need to get the most possible often times, lol

Swamp yankee is right on the money with the price of $7500 If I had it at my shop that's what I would ask and I would give a used warranty. The machine looks clean but I see the log lift plates are bent and you ran a FRAM oil filter??? As for the elusive auto cycle valve you can still get and put them on BUT Timberwolf dosen't offer it any more. If you can get more than $7500 you did good if you take less then $6000 your crazy. GOOD LUCK Hope you bought a Timberwolf Processor??

Not far from me up here in northern Iowa. Man if I thought I could sneak that by the better half and cook the books so she wouldn't notice I would have that fine looking machine sitting in my garage. People recognize equipment that has been taken care of and will pay accordingly. Don't see you having any problem moving that splitter down the road for a pretty good price.

That thing looks clean and well cared for, I would definatly go as high as $7500 if I were looking for one. And I'm the "buy new for warrenty type" but don't mind jumping on a good deal. Good luck.

Back