What is the cost of a loggers truck load in your area?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They haul what ever there truck holds, who has time to go scale the load? Different wood, different weights, most hold 10 cords around here. Cords is what they go by selling it here.

I believe they get a real good sense of how many cords their truck holds when it's full to various levels. When I have bought truckloads that the driver claimed to be 9 cords I have ended up with roughly 9 cords after I process it and deliver it. I have also bought several loads by the ton and the 4900 lbs per cord has been spot on so far with slight variations for species......more cords when you buy white maple by the ton for example

My price

Here in Maine, 4 years ago I paid $800 for what the driver told me was a large 10 cord load of tree length. Cut split and stacked it was just a hair over 11 cord. I bought the truck load at their wood lot, and the truck was just coming in to be off loaded. This year, I paid $1000 for the same size load of tree length. Mixed hardwood, mostly oak & maple.

Latest posts

Back