Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the latest in the season that ash can be treated for EAB?

Discussion in 'Plant Health' started by TominKY, Jul 2, 2015.

1. TominKY

TominKY ArboristSite Lurker

Is it too late in the season to inject a tree with emamectin benzoate (TreeAge) for prevention against EAB? We have been having regular heavy rainfall lately, so I doubt if uptake would be a big issue, but wondering if the tree will have a chance to adequately distribute the chemical to the upper branches to fully protect it.

What is the latest that you have treated for EAB? Any other factors to be aware of?

Thanks!

2. ATH

ATH Addicted to ArboristSite

If EAB is in the area, I'd do it ASAP.

3. spuds

spuds New Member

I've done injections into September if there is adaquate moisture in soil and temp are below 85. You can water trees for a couple days ahead and after in drought as well. If uptake goes quickly I would say it would be well distributed with a few weeks.

4. Scottie Ash tree seed

Scottie Ash tree seed ArboristSite Lurker

Actually August the latest to still kill off number of seasons larvae, and see difference in trees health by leaves staying on longer before true fall. Injecting as late as September also produces limited beneficial results, since Tree-age supposed to be uptaken within 72 hours.