What Is The Most Important Part Of The Saw Buying Decision???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the servicing dealer the most important part of the saw buying decision???

• Yes

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 58 65.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tuche'... however, I bet the real estate around you is sky high in price (property taxes anyone?). I also do not think that it is LEGAL (under WA laws) to buy stuff in Oregon tax-free if you are a WA resident. When I was last living in CA, they actually had a line on the tax return forms for paying sales tax on items purchased out of state!

Ha.. like Portland real estate isn't SKY HIGH... and you have about the same property tax rates.

It's not legal to buy mail order without paying the tax either, but.... without tax return forms.. hard to track...

Last edited:
"internet sales tax"

Welcome to NC, where they slap an arbitrary tax on you based upon your income. I think last year it was $16, which represented approx the sales tax on $230 mail-order/internet purchases.

Some years that has been below & some above. Fair enough IMO... But it still makes me want to Tar, Feather & Boil the geniuses that enacted it though.

This is WAY OT but is there anywhere anyone can live - between the two polar circles- 'tax free?'

Last edited:
Ha.. like Portland real estate isn't SKY HIGH... and you have about the same property tax rates.

It's not legal to buy mail order without paying the tax either, but.... without tax return forms.. hard to track...

Portland RE is not sky high. It is actually still affordable, compared to Seattle or San Francisco. You can still buy a reasonable house in the burbs there for 250k. Down here where I live you can get a house on LAND for that.

This is WAY OT but is there anywhere anyone can live - between the two polar circles- 'tax free?'

New Hampshire has no sales tax and no income tax.

I own no real estate, and have no income here. Orygun has no sales tax, so I pay:

No Social Security tax
No Medicare tax
No Sales tax
No Real Estate tax
No Income tax
No disability tax
A little capital gains tax
A little auto registration tax

When I was making the big bucks in the SF bay area I paid taxes through the nose: property tax, social sucurity tax, medicare tax, AMT, cap gains tax, income tax, sales tax, really high auto use tax, disability tax, and utility taxes.

Last edited:
I own no real estate, and have no income here. Orygun has no sales tax, so I pay:

No Social Security tax
No Medicare tax
No Sales tax
No Real Estate tax
No Income tax
No disability tax

Your sig says you're living in Central Republic of Africa, no wonder you pay no taxes, LOL.

Portland RE is not sky high. It is actually still affordable, compared to Seattle or San Francisco. You can still buy a reasonable house in the burbs there for 250k. Down here where I live you can get a house on LAND for that.

Na.. CITY to CITY they are almost the same. I'm down there often and have a bunch of friends with houses.

If you think Hillsbro is the burbs, you're right, but with that equation, the same prices are in this area...

New Hampshire has no sales tax and no income tax.

No Social Security tax
No Medicare tax
No Sales tax
No Real Estate tax
No Income tax
No disability tax

When I was making the big bucks in the SF bay area I paid taxes through the nose: property tax, social sucurity tax, medicare tax, AMT, cap gains tax, income tax, sales tax, really high auto use tax, disability tax, and utility taxes.

So... your "living off the land".... hmmm....

If I had nothing here, I'd also have about the same list as yours!

Only 25%??? OUCH!!!

What is it on the other stuff you mentioned?

That depends on several factors, and it can be several 100% in some cases........

And then 25% on most stuff, except food (mostly 12%) and that is on top of duty and special taxes (no such on chainsaws, as it is defined as agricultural equipment).

Back