What is your favorite oil for premix ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you run the oil you run ?

• Because it smells good

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Because it is blue

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Because it is easy to get

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Because an internet test told me it is the best

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Because my buddy's run it

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Because it cleans the inside of my saw

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
What is your favorite mix and ratio? Why is it your favorite ?

I run Amsoil Saber right now ,because it is blue if you want to know the truth .

My neighbor is a landscaper, he has all stihl equip. Always runs either stihl or husquvarna oil. He switched to some "pro mix" oil with a white and orange label. Everything he put it in next day started running funny, some not good enough to use. I emptied all tanks and switched it all back to stihl oil. Fixed most issues right away others took a while to come back. Same guy mixes his gas all the time so I can't see it being wrong mixture. I will only use stihl or husquvarna oil just in case IMO. ;o)

Oooooh, an oil thread!

2011-lucas-oil-semi-synthetic-2-cycle-oil-mcss.jpg

40:1 93 octane for me.

Lately Motul 710 at 40:1 but usually Yamalube 2R at 40:1 in saws and 50:1 in brushcutter and blower

If find Motul 710 leaves a little bit of goo in the muffler might try at 45:1 but I am scared becausey saws are ported.

JF

image.jpegEcho power blend. Inexpensive, FD rated, available at any echo dealer or the Home Depot. I used to buy whatever was available decades ago. Decided to stick with one oil and chose Echo due price, availability and rating. I like how clean it burns.

Stihl oil because the stihl dealers only 5 minuts frm my place when i need it. And the stihls seem to be taking over the herd.

Long ago I used outboard motor oil because it was cheaper than McCulloch brand. Told that was a bad thing so I switched to Tanaka because it had the built-in measuring chamber and weed eater dealer carried it. Then Husky because former MAC dealer sold Huskys. Then orange Stihl because I bought a Stihl. Then and now Stihl ultra because it seems to burn clean. General theme I buy oil as an afterthought when shopping for something else. Can't say that my equipment cares what brand I use.

Ron

I'm currently running Klotz R50 at 32:1 mixed with 90 octane non E. It smells great and seems to burn quite clean

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

As long as it is at least semi synthetic for air cooled engines with the top norms Jaso FD, Iso-L-EDG and API Tc, I don't really care about the brandname.

Whatever JASO-FD I can find cheap. Real cheap. Meaning it's usually dirt bike oil and I'll be probably be grilled because it's not something power equipment specific.
Still I've never had a single engine seize or throw a bearing...

Back