What is your favorite oil for premix ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you run the oil you run ?

• Because it smells good

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Because it is blue

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Because it is easy to get

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Because an internet test told me it is the best

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Because my buddy's run it

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Because it cleans the inside of my saw

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
I run the orange bottle Stihl at 40:1 with 92 Octane E-Free fuel. That is what goes in my saws and the weed eater. The lawn boys, well they get what ever 2 stroke air cooled oil I can get cheap. But it is for sure mixed 32:1 or thicker with 92 octane E-Free fuel. With my terraces, I don't want to use anything but a lawn boy to mow them. I hate seeing a hill side that has been done with a weed eater.

I always use 91 and up octane gas for my mix. It seems to be better quality as well.

I keep hearing the husky xp and the echo oil ,may have to give some a try when i run out of the amsoil .It is just handy for me to get ,the tool truck that stops by work has it on the truck ,so it is delivered more or less .I have not seen the echo oil for sale at the saw shops ,maybe home depot carries it ?They have some echo stuff there .

Do you guys run the same mix in saws ,string trimmers and other ope yard tools ?

For 30 years I used dirt bike oil because I raced dirt bikes. Mostly Maxima Super M but have slowed down a bit on that. For the last 5 years it has been Lucus 2 stroke. I order a gallon at a time. I usually mix 3 quarts a day. I would order a 5 gallon bucket, but it must be all used up in 6 to 8 months otherwise it starts to settle. Right now am planning on cutting for 2 months straight six days a week so do not want to run out of a formula that works. So there needs to be an ample amount on hand so that using something from Home Depot that does not match. Also many stores have oils that have sat on a shelf for a year that is not acceptable. 34 to 1 is my usual mix. Thanks

For 30 years I used dirt bike oil because I raced dirt bikes. Mostly Maxima Super M but have slowed down a bit on that. For the last 5 years it has been Lucus 2 stroke. I order a gallon at a time. I usually mix 3 quarts a day. I would order a 5 gallon bucket, but it must be all used up in 6 to 8 months otherwise it starts to settle. Right now am planning on cutting for 2 months straight six days a week so do not want to run out of a formula that works. So there needs to be an ample amount on hand so that using something from Home Depot that does not match. Also many stores have oils that have sat on a shelf for a year that is not acceptable. 34 to 1 is my usual mix. Thanks

That's what I like about the Lucas oil. It's available at just about any auto parts store. And it's cheap.

Never heard oil having a shelf life... mixed yeah. Echo is available at every HD and Husky at Lowes that I've been to. So it's very readily available if you have those box stores around.

For now I'm running Stihl Ultra, but plan to switch to Amsoil Saber when my stash runs out... 50:1 in everything with Stihl and 89 E10.

VP racing fuel 40:1. My local napa always has deals on them and I don't use my saws as much as a pro so it's convenient for me.

I keep hearing the husky xp and the echo oil ,may have to give some a try when i run out of the amsoil .It is just handy for me to get ,the tool truck that stops by work has it on the truck ,so it is delivered more or less .I have not seen the echo oil for sale at the saw shops ,maybe home depot carries it ?They have some echo stuff there .

Do you guys run the same mix in saws ,string trimmers and other *** yard tools ?
You are such a ****ing troll starting up with this oil ****! Take this weak ass **** back to the moped forum!

I just recently started using the Yamalube R2 at 40:1. That's the ratio the little banana shaped sticker on my saw said to mix when it came back to me from getting the spa treatment.
The best part is it looks like grape cool aid, and who doesn't like grape cool aid?
Sounds like a good running saw ,40 to 1 is a safe ratio with the yamalube ,it burns pretty good also .

Never heard oil having a shelf life... mixed yeah. Echo is available at every HD and Husky at Lowes that I've been to. So it's very readily available if you have those box stores around.

For now I'm running Stihl Ultra, but plan to switch to Amsoil Saber when my stash runs out... 50:1 in everything with Stihl and 89 E10.

I have a drum of 3o weight engine oil from Vietnam era, it's turned to about 90wt for some reason. I've been dumping 10 gals in my 300 gallon diesel tank when I get it filled.

... back to the moped forum!

Directions to the moped forum, please. Things are so slow around here and so hot outside that I have now posted more than once in an oil thread and a fuel thread. Never thought I would ever read one much less post. :crazy2:

I look forward to the signs of Fall - cooler weather and the sweet music of chainsaws.

Ron

Latest posts

Back