What is your favorite oil for premix ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you run the oil you run ?

• Because it smells good

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Because it is blue

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Because it is easy to get

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Because an internet test told me it is the best

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Because my buddy's run it

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Because it cleans the inside of my saw

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
aVZgT.gif

A lot of the saw builders report much better oil saturation from saws run on 40:1 or 32:1...good enough for me. I don't trust 50:1 in my 2 stroke equipment.

A lot of the saw builders report much better oil saturation from saws run on 40:1 or 32:1...good enough for me. I don't trust 50:1 in my 2 stroke equipment.
And that is the logic what many here represent. Kind of like Mobil 1 0W-40 is good for racing cars so it must be good for my 76 pickup truck... A lot of it has to do with some type of fear of loosing your saw and preventing that lost with more oil. Although I assume 99,9% of the members here have never worn out a saw!

Picked up some more Echo Red Armor. Usually touch richer than 50:1. Just use Non-Ethanol 89 octane, and I always top the truck off first, just to make sure there is no Ethanol in the hose from the last guy that filled up. Not sure it matters, makes me sleep better at night. Did try the True fuel for a bit, but gets spendy, I did keep a half a can and run it if saws or other 2 strokers were going to be sitting.

Same here. I have used Amsoil, HR-1, Red Armor, Mobil 2t, Opti-2, Stihl Ultra, etc. I am sure I am missing one or two. The one thing I do extra is add 2 ounces of Seafoam per gallon of mix. I like to try different oils. Honestly, I can't tell a difference in any of them.
U didnt notice red armor cleaned?

Echo PowerBlendX. I have run that in all my stuff for years with no issues.

Latest posts

Back