What is your favorite wood to build with? And to mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the bowl, but I'm not convinced about the table top design. I can appreciate the amount of work involved but the middle board doesn't seem to fit in with the others and overall it's just a bit too busy for my taste. Sometimes it depends on what else is in the room with it.

Bobl, I kind of agree with you on the table top, but the table was made from a specific tree that the owner provided, so I had to make it from those logs that they provided. Believe me, as much epoxy work as that middle board required, I would have rather found another solid board like the ones on each side.

Bobl, I kind of agree with you on the table top, but the table was made from a specific tree that the owner provided, so I had to make it from those logs that they provided. Believe me, as much epoxy work as that middle board required, I would have rather found another solid board like the ones on each side.

Sure I understand. As they say the customer is always right ;-)
Are they happy with it and what did you do for legs?

The owner is providing the base, they just wanted me to make the top. I am going to mount it to to the top to check fit and everything, but they are taking care of it.

Has anyone tried to set up a wood exchange amongst like-minded people? I'd love to share some of our native woods with turners around the world, for example. There'd be all sorts of phytosanitary requirements and certificates for larger shipments, and we have a few rules about exporting native timber, but if there's a legal way to, for example, pop a few kiln dried pen blanks in a courier bag and send off to turners on the other side of the planet or ditch, who'd be keen on a selection of our timbers? If anyone is keen, please PM me and I'll check the rules to see if possible.

Back