What makes the ms361 so great?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I like about the 361.

Before I got mine, I got stuck using the Jonsered 49SP. Great little saw, but boy would I be tired by the end of the day swinging that saw.

Now doing the same work with the 361 I have half the fatigue - mostly due to the anti-vibration. So essentially, I can get more work done.

Plus I love the fact that it will run a 25" bar - thats a big part of the reason I went with that saw. Lightweight and powerful.

This is what I like about the 361.

Before I got mine, I got stuck using the Jonsered 49SP. Great little saw, but boy would I be tired by the end of the day swinging that saw.

Now doing the same work with the 361 I have half the fatigue - mostly due to the anti-vibration. So essentially, I can get more work done.

Plus I love the fact that it will run a 25" bar - thats a big part of the reason I went with that saw. Lightweight and powerful.

You know that old JRed has the same anti-vibe technology as some of the new Stihls.

That's because you run a Jred! The best looking saw made why take the fat girl to the dance when you can take the prom queen lol.

Dam# straight!

I'm pretty sure it does too, in fact its a pretty amazing saw for being almost 30 years old. I still use it from time to time.

Our old 49SP runs great, dad bought it back in the early 80's. Great saw, but your right it does get a little heavy after a while.

That's because you run a Jred! The best looking saw made why take the fat girl to the dance when you can take the prom queen lol.

Thanks for the kind words about the best 60cc saw around.:clap: :clap:

Wow, I am shocked, you just called the 2159 the best 60cc saw. I knew the day would come that you would come to your senses. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words about the best 60cc saw around.:clap: :clap:

Hey don't go changing things around here!lol Once you buy a Jred or score a old one dam I want a silver top 80 Jred you will not want to look at another stihl! Why do you think I got rid of my Stihls? I found a much better saw!!!!

Wow, I am shocked, you just called the 2159 the best 60cc saw. I knew the day would come that you would come to your senses. :cheers:
That day will come when the Stihl heads stop being so stubborn! I opened my heart to a 7900 it is almost Jred like! Just a little off in the colour and that bent handle but it balances perfect.

Easy!!

The thing that makes my MS361 great is the fact that it made me appreciate how good a saw my Husky 261 with the new 262 jug and piston really is!!!
They are really close - In fact I think the 261 now has the edge.

Al:clap: :clap: :clap:

The thing that makes my MS361 great is the fact that it made me appreciate how good a saw my Husky 261 with the new 262 jug and piston really is!!!
They are really close - In fact I think the 261 now has the edge.

Al:clap: :clap: :clap:
That's no fair comparing a old Husky to a modern Stihl lol. The 361 is a great copy made in Germany of a great saw.:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey don't go changing things around here!lol Once you buy a Jred or score a old one dam I want a silver top 80 Jred you will not want to look at another stihl! Why do you think I got rid of my Stihls? I found a much better saw!!!!

LOL, if you consider the things in your sig a "much better" saw then I'm doomed. I do see the 105 and 7900, those are about the closest in quality to a Stihl.:clap:

sorry fellas

gotta jump back in the thread here.

the ms 361 i have still screams like a banshee!!!!!!! regardless of the cyl scratches. seems i got a defective casting or coating on the cyl. even so the saw cuts like the proverbial light-sabre. if i did not see the scratches before stopping the piston for the oiler mod, i would never have known there was a problem. i felled and bucked a cord or cord and 1/2 for the two days prior and it ripped!

i have zero experience with the huskys/jreds mentioned here.
but............ will those saws run like that?
damage and all?

Back