What size bar for an 090!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich,

Here you go... Not sure what mount this is or what it came off of but is 60" and has 2 chains (one new). It is on the Fredericksburg CL.

Gary

3m03pb3lf5Y55T65P3b26a8c0e56045911ba7.jpg

60" CHAINSAW BAR

If you want this I could probably pick it up for you.

What are you people thinking, you know that thing can't run anything bigger than a 8" bar with a 10 pin rim... :D

Here's a reasonable option, Rick, for a B&C from Bailey's. If you just want to buy the bar alone, it's $52.99. Traded a new GB 30" large mount Stihl not long ago.

Bailey's - Carlton 36" Premium Sprocket Tip Bar & Chain Combo
That's a good deal, there.. Thanks!
Best $53 bux you could spend. 36" Carlton sprocket tip. I have the same bar for my Poulan 6000 since it uses the same slot size...I just had to drill a new oil hole.
Bailey's - 36" Carlton Premium Sprocket Tip Bar
Good deal, for sure...
I went to a GTG where the host milled some big wood with a modded 084. When he mentioned what the Stihl bars cost new when you start getting up to 60" & over I just about :censored:. I knew long bars weren't cheap, but I had no idea they could cost as nearly as much, or more, than the saws capable of running them.
I agree!
when i got my 125, it came with a 60" roller. it seldom got used because of the difficulty of handling it (yeah, not many trees that need that around here either). i bought a 34" bar and i am really enjoying the saw now. that size bar is great for 20"+ trees and it doesn't feel nearly as bulky as the 60"er, and it makes that saw a blast to run.
I think the 36" bar would work for me.
Rich,

Here you go... Not sure what mount this is or what it came off of but is 60" and has 2 chains (one new). It is on the Fredericksburg CL.

Gary

3m03pb3lf5Y55T65P3b26a8c0e56045911ba7.jpg

60" CHAINSAW BAR
Thanks, Gary! I'm going to either go with that Bailey's bar or get one used from a member here.
I have couple of 60"s then 48"s ,41"s,36"s,29" and 25" I find the 41" about the best as it balances very well and is fairly well priced as a sprocket tip from Stihl.
Thanks!
If you want this I could probably pick it up for you.
I appreciate that, but I've kinda decided on another. Thanks!
pm me if you would like to get rid of that 20", that 60 inchers tempting also..:msp_biggrin:
The 20" bar that I have is not in good shape at all.

I've got to agree with Dave K that the 41" bar balances nicely. to me It's about the minimum bar that is reasonable for hardwood work.

I've got to agree with Dave K that the 41" bar balances nicely. to me It's about the minimum bar that is reasonable for hardwood work.

Thanks, but I won't be using this saw much. Trees around here in Va. just aren't that big. Once in a while I may cut a big oak, but other than that, it will just join the other CAD saws in the shed... BTW, it's now an 070, and not the 090 that we had thought.

Latest posts

Back