What to bring to first day on job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The company I work for makes us wear chaps. I don't know about the average person, but I wear the legs straps as loose as possible. Don't like things constricting my legs since we do a lot of walking. A pack pack is a must. I carry chains, files, flat files, mountain money, food, drink, coffee, dry sweater, pitch and all my wedges in it. While cutting I keep my wedges in my back pocket, file in my chew pocket and bar tool with it.

ten fer on that one, yea bossman here said that every so often the safety nazis come by and he said they want to see anyone who uses a chainsaw wearing one of them chainsaw hard hats with the screen and ear muffs...I asked what's the difference ifen I wear a regular hard hat, ear plugs, and glasses? I figure that if they come by I'll ask them if it'd be awright to wear a reg hardhat ear plugs and glasses. Bossman hisself only wears a tin hat, he dont wear no eye or ear pretection.

ten fer on that one, yea bossman here said that every so often the safety nazis come by and he said they want to see anyone who uses a chainsaw wearing one of them chainsaw hard hats with the screen and ear muffs...I asked what's the difference ifen I wear a regular hard hat, ear plugs, and glasses? I figure that if they come by I'll ask them if it'd be awright to wear a reg hardhat ear plugs and glasses. Bossman hisself only wears a tin hat, he dont wear no eye or ear pretection.

The bossman hisself is the one paying for the workmans comp, and has probably not covered himself. Fairly common practice

military type web belt and one o dem leather wedge pocket deals, Spencer log tape, spenders are for my pants, tin hat, and usually have the whistle on a lanyard around me neck, cause my spenders don't allways have the d-ring, write in the rain note book in breast pocket for keeping notes and figuring if'n the mills are trying to rip me off (which as a note they always are :msp_mad:), and a beating axe...

In the wedge pouch I have 4-5 wedges from 8"-12" depending on the wood that day, a spare chain file and a scrench, and various amounts of fir/hemlock needles, chips, dirt, grease, a little blood... I try to dump it out once in a while, but dam it get full of funk... the picture isn't real great but gives you the idear...

Also I work pretty close to the truck so carring a back pack is kinda pointless, probably the one benefit of being a gyppo! That and I don't have to wear chaps...

Great picture...but if you posted it in the Chainsaw forum some of those "my saw is a holy object and must never be mistreated" people would probably have heart attacks. You know who I mean... the ones who sterilize their saws after every use and keep them in glass cases sitting on little velvet cushions. :msp_ohmy:

Great picture...but if you posted it in the Chainsaw forum some of those "my saw is a holy object and must never be mistreated" people would probably have heart attacks. You know who I mean... the ones who sterilize their saws after every use and keep them in glass cases sitting on little velvet cushions. :msp_ohmy:

Haha git he already has. Testing out a self made reduced weight bar :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's not velvet it's satin dammit.:hmm3grin2orange:

I had a oops a couple firewood trips back. Set a saw on the tailgate to refuel and turned to pick the jug off the ground and turned and the saw was gone. It fell off the tailgate and rolled about 15 feet down the hill.

ten fer on safety nazis who uses a chainsaw wearing one of them chainsaw hard hats and ear muffs... ifen I wear a hard hat, ear plugs, and glasses? I figure that if it'd be awright to wear a reg hardhat ear plugs and glasses. Bossman hisself only wears a tin hat, he dont wear no eye or ear pretection.

Fixed it fer yu'ins'! Winning! :rock:

Good heavens! If the wrong people look at this thread, you'll get busted for saw abuse! :msp_thumbup:

Why does that picture make me think "Art"? Ah, because it could be controversial and stimulate a conversation.

Take your gear and skidder to Seattle and maybe you can sell it for an outrageous amount. It is a sculpture.

at 15 mph I'd have to use the fast lane... sure would be fun to squirsh a few pruisissesus...

Hel that's the saw I got out of a bucket full of snus cans, algea, and the gods now what else, its should be happy I even clean the filter on a regular basis...

military type web belt and one o dem leather wedge pocket deals, Spencer log tape, spenders are for my pants, tin hat, and usually have the whistle on a lanyard around me neck, cause my spenders don't allways have the d-ring, write in the rain note book in breast pocket for keeping notes and figuring if'n the mills are trying to rip me off (which as a note they always are :msp_mad:), and a beating axe...

In the wedge pouch I have 4-5 wedges from 8"-12" depending on the wood that day, a spare chain file and a scrench, and various amounts of fir/hemlock needles, chips, dirt, grease, a little blood... I try to dump it out once in a while, but dam it get full of funk... the picture isn't real great but gives you the idear...

Also I work pretty close to the truck so carring a back pack is kinda pointless, probably the one benefit of being a gyppo! That and I don't have to wear chaps...

whats that machine ya got her stuffed in looks like a dohn jeere 350 or 450

You'll figure it out. I just hate that it seems you're probably going to figure it out the hard way.

Andy

Those are the only lessons people remember ;-) Not a thing wrong with hard earned knowledge. I think that's part of the problem with the modern work ethic; spoon fed easy won knowledge doesn't have a lot of value, and is easily forgotten.

Shaun

Those are the only lessons people remember ;-) Not a thing wrong with hard earned knowledge. I think that's part of the problem with the modern work ethic; spoon fed easy won knowledge doesn't have a lot of value, and is easily forgotten.

Shaun

I agree to an extent. Things like "that stove is hot" or "don't stick your finger in a light socket". But some things can be learned by the mistakes of others. Otherwise we'd all be carrying clubs, and grunting at each other.

Andy

Latest posts

Back