What was the first chainsaw you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was some sort of little Remington my dad had. I think I still have it under the bench, maybe I should dig it out.

My first saw was a handle-bar Mac...I think the model was 1-92 but I don't remember for sure. I do remember that with a 6 foot bar it probably weighed more than I did.

My favorite saw is a 660 Stihl. They're not very exciting but you can almost always count on them to make money for you.

I started late. First saw I used was a Husqvarna 380cd. Wasn't mine though. My first saw was a Canadian Tire offering. Think it was a Mac. That was nearly 40 years ago.
Favourite saw was what I used on the landing in central BC. A 2100cd. That was a fave for big wood but my felling-saw favourite was the venerable 288xp. Today, all these years later, my favourite is the 346xp.

First? Old boss's Stihl 051AV. Cleared a lot of blowdowns following an ice storm in the 90's with it. It was way more saw than I needed, and was way under-barred. It was an altogether unpleasant experience. Favorite? Got a few. Probably the ones that get the most use are a Dolmar 7900 and a Stihl MS440.

My first was a homie 500 when I was 14 rented to buy $10 month $120 next homie 850 good running saw for the time.Next johnserette 80-E I think next 372xp for 2 years stolen and now 288xp
from C.list $400 with new bar and chain to boot still got bar never needed it,best saw of all now 70
so a lifetime of saws.

My first saw was/is a Husky 55, 20" bar. Bought twelve years ago and still runs like new.
I've got a used 346xp that I like for bigger trees and just bought a new 240 (tax refund:D) that I want to use for going up in the canopy.
I just like the Huskys and the local dealer is great with his prices.

Wow lots of good responses. Who wants to make gentlemens bets on what Randy Mac's first saw was

He borrowed it from me:

crosscutsaw_zpsb7300742.jpg

Latest posts

Back