What was the first chainsaw you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homelite zip bow bar cutting pine pulp age 17 in 1959

Think we have a bow bar on a zip hanging in the old shed now. just traded a wright saw to the husky dealer in Lignum Va. for a gallon of husky bar oil. he has a lot of old saws hanging up in the shop.

The first saw I ran was my grandpas home lite xl (coil failed then it got stolen). My current saws are a modified ryobi/redmax gz400 with a 20 inch bar(my favotite by far), redmax gz4500, craftsman pro/Husqvarna 445, and a chinese 52 cc waiting in a box to get torn apart and played with.

The first saw I ran was my dads Poulan 3400 counter vibe with an 18" bar. I made a lot of money through high school selling firewood, in college I bought myself a Stihl 029 Super when a big storm came through that I again made a lot of money selling firewood. My buddies just couldn't understand why I'd rather work my butt off splitting wood by hand and selling it than working in a retail store where I wouldn't get dirty. Of course I always had a pocket full of cash (they didn't), my gas tank was always full, my truck always ran or I fixed it and I was able to drink Coors instead of Keystone.

Not to go political but they're currently fans of President Obama and Clinton and/or Sanders supporters if that gives you any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first saw I ran was my dads Poulan 3400 counter vibe with an 18" bar. I made a lot of money through high school selling firewood, in college I bought myself a Stihl 029 Super when a big storm came through that I again made a lot of money selling firewood. My buddies just couldn't understand why I'd rather work my butt off splitting wood by hand and selling it than working in a retail store where I wouldn't get dirty. Of course I always had a pocket full of cash (they didn't), my gas tank was always full, my truck always ran or I fixed it and I was able to drink Coors instead of Keystone.

Not to go political but they're currently fans of President Obama and Clinton and/or Sanders supporters if that gives you any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When will they ever learn,when will they ever learn!

First saw I ever ran was a little Homelite with a 12" bar. I was only 10 or so. It was slow but I didn't know it at the time. Been a whole lota saws since.

My first saw was a stihl 034 when I was like 7 then a 361 then my first ever that was actually mine was the little echo cs305. Still have it and great running saw. But my favorite saw would be a toss up between a 395 or the current saw I have now a 372 from mmws. Running a 28 on the 372 and that little guy don't feel it. Pine or oak or sugar maple.

Homelite XL 12". First saw as a kid. 12 years old lol. Cut five cords a year for the homestead for three years until I froze the wrist pin. Good memories...

want another? sold to friend of friend. decided wanted one w/brake. brought back, traded for wt. where in canuckistan are ya?

An old yellow clinton
images

266 husky when i was 6. first owned was a 32 husky top handle which was about 3 days later lol i was addicted already. was in 96

Latest posts

Back