What Would It Be Like If We Were All In A Logging Camp Together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised that our mods haven't figured it out yet. BA was/is/could be/can be more than one person. And often was. Usually was as a matter of fact.
A small group of people, and no, I wasn't one of them, took turns being BA.
Hey, the owners like traffic, they like hits, and BA generated a lot of both. If the owners cared more about quality and less about quantity BA...in all his reincarnations, could never have existed.

Yeah I didn't know that either. It still seems to me the guy coulda bucked him out. Thats a hard scene to watch.

Stamper! That gun in your sig doesn't become you! Is there anything you want to talk about? I always thought you were just another hippy like the rest of us.
John

I have multiple personalities. This hippie carries a weapon or three here. I bought my AR-15 after living in San Diego and living through the Rodney King riots. They burned East San Diego just like they burned what was Watts in LA. One minute was all it took for law an order to come crashing down in one of the most (if not the most) developed cities in the world. There as mayhem for 3 days before the National Guard was armed and moved in to restore order. Similar things happened after Hurricane Katrina. I am now armed, and as my sig shows, I have a CCW permit and I carry a concealed weapon. Not always, and mostly the CCW is for carrying in my truck. I also open carry around here, and a CCW covers that as well.

As for my loading up on my other weapons, I was with my brother some years ago off-roading and white water kayaking in Southern Oregon. My brother and I had about 6 guns between the two of us. We thought maybe we were being paranoid. But... after returning from that trip, a local sheriff called me at work and wanted to know if we had seen a guy in a white PU truck out there where we had been camping. They were calling people that had been on the area to corroborate the time line and whereabouts of a person that they had in custody. As it turned out, we had missed him by about an hour. He killed 2 people and wounded several others in the campground that we were staying at. He was despondent after breaking up with his girlfriend, and went on the rampage in the mountains.

Then there is living out in the boonies with my ex in Southern Oregon, and living out here in the boonies on northern Oregon. Bears, cougars, coyotes, and now wolves are a real threat here. As are the occasional crack-heads and would be thieves from the burbs. I had a neighbor go off on me once and threaten me several times. So I started open carry of my Wilson Combat .45 in a thigh holster on my property after that. He has nothing to say to me now. Funny thing that. Shut him the fork up. I have also had multiple encounters with bears and cougars here, in southern Oregon, in northern Cali, in Wyoming, in Montana, and up at 70 Mile House in BC. Anyway the logging camp needs to be armed in my opinion, for protection from bears and big cats and wolves, and crack crazed thieves. And despondent morons, and well as any potential social upheaval. Here on the states the social upheaval is a real problem.

Back