Whats a 020t worth??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads of great information here!
But I missed one simple fix, check to make sure the spark screen is clean or removed, the 020/200's run much better with them out.

I have an old 020t that I found abandoned under the elecricity poles on our property...it needed a new clutch, bar and chain, air filter to get it going, then it ran ok. Only thing was it would bog in a big cut, I switched out the old one jet carb for a two jet, retuned it and it showed improvement, but still bogging when buried or cutting really hard timber.
Well I finally got an IPL and figured out where the spark screen was, (I thought it had been out all this time), I pulled it out and oh boy, it was absolutely chokka with carbon. I left it out, put the screw back in the hole, and now my old 020t runs like a scalded cat, no more bogging...!

Very good info there Bermie, they sure can`t run WOT with the muffler/spark screen plugged up. The saw I just worked on only had a fuel delivery problem and once the impulse line was replaced and the delivery line made tight fitting then gas got to the carb. The fuel filter was damaged and the carb full of dirt so replaced the filter and cleaned up the carb real good and now it runs A 1 and is back to work today.
Pioneerguy600

Back