What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some stuffed chicken breast on the Traeger. Stuffed with spinach, sun dried tomato and mozzarella. Some salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste. Cooked at 325° for approx 45 min.
4e454e8e9763e564020a200d8592dd40.jpg
09b2355ced4f6963ac24e3b40d60acc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn!!! Nice!!!

Suns out ...probes out.

Made flying pigs for work lunches.

Something a local grocery stores butcher shop does.

A chicken Breast stuffed with different items then wrapped in bacon.

A mushroom and Swiss and broccoli and cheddar.

Done.

These are very good. I think they have 6 or 8 different kinds.

Probes get hot. [emoji15]

4 ribeyes tonight. Seasoned them this morning and wrapped in Saran Wrap

On the grill. Looked like a damn science experiment with all of the probe wires everywhere.

But, having that many measuring devices really shows you how interesting the dynamics of a grill are

Even though my girlfriends grill is maybe 6 months older than mine the characteristics are different. I got it figured out.

Steaks are done.

The girlfriend and her girls loved them

Mmm Mmm good! And I thought 2 probes was too many. lol!

Smoked a rack of chicken legs for supper tonight. A little change from pork and venison every night.

Man that looks good!!! I love chicken legs.

Mmm Mmm good! And I thought 2 probes was too many. lol!

Yeah, I tend to go overboard with things. I learned a lot though.

I'm going to attempt the Brisket I got for Christmas this weekend. Pulled it out of the freezer last night.

My first time with brisket. Not going to lie, I'm little nervous.:eek:

Man that looks good!!! I love chicken legs.

Yeah, I tend to go overboard with things. I learned a lot though.

I'm going to attempt the Brisket I got for Christmas this weekend. Pulled it out of the freezer last night.

My first time with brisket. Not going to lie, I'm little nervous.:eek:

Little tip for your brisket cook. Don't go by internal temp entirely, when a probe slides in with zero resistance it's done. The IT could be anywhere from 195-210°.

Each piece of meat is different and times and temps can vary quite a bit.

I agree. I've been researching this and my head was spinning last night.

Your correct, you can read dozens of methods that work well.
I'm in the "KISS" camp..lol.
I trim the fat cap to about 1/4" thick. I do score the fat cap down to the meat.
My rub. Salt, corse black pepper, granulated onion and garlic powder.
Most use equal amounts, but I use less salt. I do rub the night before.
Temp set at 225*. When it hits the "stall", I foil tightly with a 1/2c of apple juice. You can use whatever you want, such as, water, beef broth, Dr Pepper, ect. Stall usually hits around 160*, but that varies.

At this point you can stick it in the oven if you like(225*), because your obviously not getting anymore smoke flavor while foiled.

Not sure what you have, whole packer, or just a flat?
With a packer, I probe both the point and flat when foiled. When the point hits 195*, I start to check for tenderness. Usually, the point will be probe tender before the flat because it has more fat in it. But not always.
If point is tender, I separate and put the flat back on(foil optional), and keep cooking the flat until tender.
Point I chunk it up, add some BBQ sauce and back on the pit for burnt ends. Flat gets sliced when done.

Good luck..

Your correct, you can read dozens of methods that work well.
I'm in the "KISS" camp..lol.
I trim the fat cap to about 1/4" thick. I do score the fat cap down to the meat.
My rub. Salt, corse black pepper, granulated onion and garlic powder.
Most use equal amounts, but I use less salt. I do rub the night before.
Temp set at 225*. When it hits the "stall", I foil tightly with a 1/2c of apple juice. You can use whatever you want, such as, water, beef broth, Dr Pepper, ect. Stall usually hits around 160*, but that varies.

At this point you can stick it in the oven if you like(225*), because your obviously not getting anymore smoke flavor while foiled.

Not sure what you have, whole packer, or just a flat?
With a packer, I probe both the point and flat when foiled. When the point hits 195*, I start to check for tenderness. Usually, the point will be probe tender before the flat because it has more fat in it. But not always.
If point is tender, I separate and put the flat back on(foil optional), and keep cooking the flat until tender.
Point I chunk it up, add some BBQ sauce and back on the pit for burnt ends. Flat gets sliced when done.

Good luck..

Hey thanks!!!!

I'm not sure if it's a flat or packer. It's only 8lbs.

I'll definitely post way too many pictures as usual. The girlfriend likes to be kept up to speed with the cooking adventures so there are always a lot of them.

Truth be told I've helped two buddies with these but don't own a smoker myself (yet).

Lots of black/red pepper and brown sugar. Spray it down often to keep it moist.

Never used br sugar on a brisket. Might have to try that.

Hey thanks!!!!

I'm not sure if it's a flat or packer. It's only 8lbs.

I'll definitely post way too many pictures as usual. The girlfriend likes to be kept up to speed with the cooking adventures so there are always a lot of them.

I've seen Packers in the 7# range, in fact I've got two from a buddies corn fed Angus. I've also has 22# Packers.
On the meat side, if there's a line of fat going across the brisket, that fat line is most likely the seam separating the flat and piont.

Technically will be hitting the oven. Doing some jerky up on Thursday night so put a rub on the meat tonight.

Black pepper, seasoned salt, garlic, and brown sugar. Made two versions of venison jerky and one batch of duck.

Here's the duck breasts after I hit them with the meat hammer and applied the spices.
IMG_7296.JPG

Technically will be hitting the oven. Doing some jerky up on Thursday night so put a rub on the meat tonight.

Black pepper, seasoned salt, garlic, and brown sugar. Made two versions of venison jerky and one batch of duck.

Here's the duck breasts after I hit them with the meat hammer and applied the spices.
View attachment 561415

I usually get some pork fat to cut my goose/duck slim jims. Looks good though

Latest posts

Back