What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to grind up 10 lbs. of fresh breakfast sausage the other day and stuff it in 21 mm casings for breakfast links. Then hot smoked them until fully cooked. Also finished slicing up my cold smoked bacon. Yummy!

Attachments

• 100_1298.JPG
    100_1298.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 100_1313.JPG
    100_1313.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 100_1291.JPG
    100_1291.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 100_1283.JPG
    100_1283.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Decided to grind up 10 lbs. of fresh breakfast sausage the other day and stuff it in 21 mm casings for breakfast links. Then hot smoked them until fully cooked. Also finished slicing up my cold smoked bacon. Yummy!

Bacon and sausage look great. Start smoking my bacon Monday morning.

Cold smoke 5-7 hrs. Rest overnight, than another 5-7. Might go 3 rounds of smoke. Depending on color and taste. This batch getting all hickory.

I do the same. 3 hours on, one day off, 3 hours on, one day off. until I am happy with the smoke. The tube usually lasts about 3 hours with any of the pellets. ( I like apple ) Pittmasters are good also. We used hickory all my life in the old meat house. ( fruit wood is better ) IMO

I do the same. 3 hours on, one day off, 3 hours on, one day off. until I am happy with the smoke. The tube usually lasts about 3 hours with any of the pellets. ( I like apple ) Pittmasters are good also. We used hickory all my life in the old meat house. ( fruit wood is better ) IMO

I've got the expandable tube. Closed its 12" expanded its 18" can get around 7 hrs with lumberjack 100% hickory.

I did my second round of smoke yesterday. Color looks good. Wife wants BLT salad with Blu cheese dressing, so I'll be doing a test fry a little later.

Bacon turned out fantastic. Salt level is perfect. Little to smokey for the wife, but I'll let it mellow uncovered in the fridge for a few days and it will mellow out some. Total smoke time was around 14 hrs. 7 hrs one day, day of rest, and 7 hrs of smoke yesterday. Time to thaw the other 30 lbs and get that brined. IMG_20170309_164010340.jpg
IMG_20170309_165410812.jpg

Bacon turned out fantastic. Salt level is perfect. Little to smokey for the wife, but I'll let it mellow uncovered in the fridge for a few days and it will mellow out some. Total smoke time was around 14 hrs. 7 hrs one day, day of rest, and 7 hrs of smoke yesterday. Time to thaw the other 30 lbs and get that brined. View attachment 563669
View attachment 563670

Looking good!! You can always ship the other 30 lbs. down here for me to keep in storage for you. I have plenty of storage space. lol :D

Same here.. gotta fuel up for the noreaster were getting today.

We were lucky here, most of that mess missed us here. Lots of ice one the lines this morning, and only a few hundred with out electric. It was all over here by 9:00 this morning. Hope you don't get to hard.

We were lucky here, most of that mess missed us here. Lots of ice one the lines this morning, and only a few hundred with out electric. It was all over here by 9:00 this morning. Hope you don't get to hard.

Didn't loose power, but got about 3' of snow. Been plowing clients out for the past 24 hrs. Time for a 10 hr nap. Lol

Back