What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this Pastrami over the weekend. Total of 14 hrs cook time. Turned out very well.
image.jpg

You smoking gurus make us regular "grilling" guys look like amateurs.

I have a bunch of venison chops in marinade to grill up on Wednesday for steak tacos.
I know better than that. You cook some killer stuff.

Venison burgers tonight on my brand new Smokey Joe charcoal burner. My first charcoal burn since the early eighty's.

Those look great. Congrats on the new smokey Joe.

Last time I used charcoal, it was on a old habachi grill.

Do you mix beef or pork fat with you venison? We used to, but for the past 20 yrs, I've been going with 100% venison.

Those look great. Congrats on the new smokey Joe.

Last time I used charcoal, it was on a old habachi grill.

Do you mix beef or pork fat with you venison? We used to, but for the past 20 yrs, I've been going with 100% venison.

Sometimes I do, this year we didn't mix anything with it. The above burgers were mixed with 20lbs. venison to 4 lbs. 80/20 hamberger, you do get more total lbs. that way.

Sometimes I do, this year we didn't mix anything with it. The above burgers were mixed with 20lbs. venison to 4 lbs. 80/20 hamberger, you do get more total lbs. that way.

Absolutely. Mixing venison with beef will definitely make it go farther. I just love the unmolested(lol) taste of venison burger. The key is you cannot cook it past med rare. Rare is even better. It just dries out to much if overcooked.

Latest posts

Back