What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. I've known a few guys who did the fair/festival circuit each summer and had a nice retirement gig. If you don't mind working long hours for 10 weekends straight you can chill the rest of the year.

Did a nice batch of smoked Pork Carnitas for lunch.
fb1bf1f9df85d965209e645d1568864f.jpg
fa77d0b43ae1da68779788e7a7edf039.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got the bacon hanging in the smoker few minutes ago with a tube of pitmaster's pellets. The tube should last about 3 hours. Then back in the fridge for a rest, then repeat again tomorrow. Don't really like to cold smoke when it is this hot, but I think it will work ok for only 3 hours a day.

Attachments

• 100_2047.JPG
    100_2047.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
My smoker was delivered today. :barbecue:.

Took her to the car wash to get rid of all the grease and grime from manufacturing. Let the sun dry her out for a couple hrs before spraying the inside with cooking spray. Started a small fire and gradually brought her up to 225-250 for a few hrs. I then cranked it up to 350 before letting her cool down slowly. She's all seasoned and read to cook. I'll do a few small cooks to get the feel for her. First big cook is a whole hog Sept 9th.

IMG_20170804_115100234.jpg

IMG_20170804_115139678.jpg

IMG_20170804_115119570.jpg

Took her to the car wash to get rid of all the grease and grime from manufacturing. Let the sun dry her out for a couple hrs before spraying the inside with cooking spray. Started a small fire and gradually brought her up to 225-250 for a few hrs. I then cranked it up to 350 before letting her cool down slowly. She's all seasoned and read to cook. I'll do a few small cooks to get the feel for her. First big cook is a whole hog Sept 9th.

View attachment 594629

View attachment 594631
View attachment 594634

wow that is one sweet setup.

View attachment 594629

View attachment 594631
View attachment 594634
If you have time it would be awesome to see a step by step photo journey on cooking a full hog.
Congrats on the purchase!

If you have time it would be awesome to see a step by step photo journey on cooking a full hog.
Congrats on the purchase!

I will definitely take a bunch of pictures. I've done quite a few on a spit, but this will be my first one on a smoker.
Hopefully I don't ruin the neighbors party.. lol

Latest posts

Back