What's on your bench? 2/6/16

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good afternoon gents. It's a beautiful, sun shiny, 46° day here in Ohio. I was in the shop working on saws and thought I'd check in and see what the rest of you are working on, chainsaw related or not.

As most of you know, I only port saws on Saturdays. Last week it was the MS461 Arctic that's headed to the UK. Today it's a MS661. I also finished up another MS461 that's headed to Shaw Tree Surgeons here in Cincinnati.

Right now though, I'm headed to have lunch with Nik and Andre, aka @FATGUY and @Andyshine77.

20160206_135221.jpg

On my bench is my sons little poulan saw. gonna clean it up a little later. We were just cutting up some slab wood from my buddies mill.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Good afternoon gents. It's a beautiful, sun shiny, 46° day here in Ohio. I was in the shop working on saws and thought I'd check in and see what the rest of you are working on, chainsaw related or not.

As most of you know, I only port saws on Saturdays. Last week it was the MS461 Arctic that's headed to the UK. Today it's a MS661. I also finished up another MS461 that's headed to Shaw Tree Surgeons here in Cincinnati.

Right now though, I'm headed to have lunch with Nik and Andre, aka @FATGUY and @Andyshine77.

View attachment 484130

:baba: :baba:

;)

A tired 038 which runs a bit when I put a small amount of mix in the spark plug hole but won't hit a lick when I put it in the carburetor. Brand new piston and cylinder and I checked the pulse and intake boot and they looked good. Carb has been rebuilt and kitted and was absolutely dry after a lot of tugging on the starter. I checked the fuel line and filter and they were fine. I think I'm gonna try this week to make a cheapo pressure tester and see if I can pinpoint the problem.

Good fternoon to you too from an overcast 51° day in Springfield Oregon.
Well I'm just getting ready to go find some husky sized bar studs that thread into my ms460. But first I have to finish rebuilding a carb on a McCulloch 3200...woohoo, then onto an ms170 oil hose, then to finish the day off with this 359 that wants ported...IMG_9692.jpg

Hopefully when it shows up it has a smaller bar on it.

Got a stihl 026 that was supposed to need a P&C but the bottom end is toast, so on to my own 346xp getting it ready for a new 50 cc P&C just waiting on it to come from spike60. Can't wait to try it out. And I picked up a new 550xp the other day for $20, I also traded a chipper shredder I bought at an auction for $25, no one else bid cause they thought motor was locked up on it, but was just a stick stuck in the shredder. So I cleaned carb and traded it for $600 credit at my local Husqvarna dealer.

Got a stihl 026 that was supposed to need a P&C but the bottom end is toast, so on to my own 346xp getting it ready for a new 50 cc P&C just waiting on it to come from spike60. Can't wait to try it out. And I picked up a new 550xp the other day for $20, I also traded a chipper shredder I bought at an auction for $25, no one else bid cause they thought motor was locked up on it, but was just a stick stuck in the shredder. So I cleaned carb and traded it for $600 credit at my local Husqvarna dealer.

Say what????!!!!!

On my bench... it's been a long road due to lack of extra time to work on it, but today I got that 575xp back together and running with the exception of the clutch drum which is on it's way now. It came to me in pieces in a box with a piston that had damage due to bottom end debris. So, new crank bearings, seal, piston, gasket set, and a few odds and ends hardware she runs once again! :) IMG_20160206_144843302.jpg

Next up: 346 OE that belongs to my employer. It's already completely disassembled waiting for the full top to bottom overhaul including a new OEM P&C kit. :) Parts should be in on Monday.

Yes, I would have gone with the 50cc top end, it was actually a few dollars cheaper believe it or not.. But that kit is backordered till March where the 46cc kit was available immediately. We opted for the 46cc because we want to get this job done sooner rather than later. I work at my town highway department as a truck driver/equipment operator and I usually don't spend much time back at the shop. I did not want to risk parts getting lost or otherwise screwed up having it torn apart and in a box for a month or two.

Old beat to hell mix and matched flat top on my bench. Top end is mint, bottom is roached :(. runs mint but i Think I'm gonna shelf it for another day. Got a few other saws to do anyways.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454798796.625226.jpg

Here's the homemade handle that was on it. Someone crafty and with more patience then me made it. yes that is cast iron and yes it weighs as much as half of the saw lol. I think this saw must have belonged to a cull.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454798851.084320.jpg

The four pack of 3/4" pitch breaker punches Bailey's sent me in place of the four 3/8 pitch breaker punches I ordered.

Now you have to get all new chain, probably some saws also.

Just finished cleaning the bench off from last year. Thinking about a new bench.

Most important are my pruning saws for the apples, 009 and 020T, got a carb cover for the 009?

a 026 that has O.K. Cyl but roached piston,and I have NOS 44 mm P/C and a NOS 426 carb for, thinking of saving P/C for another 026 I have.

064 complete, w/H/D filter , P/C O.K , but is early w/Bosch coil got one? Have NOS OEM P/C for this so want to keep both

View attachment 484130

That is great. I like Nik and Andre. I still have the Poulan 4000 with the blued bar from Nik. very cool saw and I see Andre still has his 5200 that was presented to him from Mark. Hello to you guys and of course you to Brad. I remember your collection of Stihls from the GTG. Very nice.

Well I worked on a beat up MS 460 and a MS 362 from a tree service guy I know. He really knows how to beat up a saw.

Back