what's your best sale's prospect for this heating season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am a happy pappy wood cutting camper! at the start of this years heating season! scored a good sales from a craigslist ad, for 30 cords of boiler wood. 24" lengths and a 50/50 % mixture of blocks and splits. 5 species of dry/green right out of the forest to a big azz wood burning boiler 5 miles from the wood lot. plenty of sweats going on just before deer season to work off the last of the summer fat from easier times.... weather man say's 2" to 3" of wet snow for here tonight and it looks good for the winter fund's to expand ? with hope of more sales to come?? safe cutting and better sales!

Have an order for 100 cords for a church, waiting on them to put 50% down on it so I can start hauling. May or may not happen, 2 years ago we cut them a deal on same amount, hauled ~25 cords and then they said they didn't want anymore. Didn't lose money, but didn't really make much either.

I don't get many orders for boiler wood around here but I love it when I do. Longer cuts and bigger splits. Can process it so much faster and they are willing to pay same price as regular sized wood which is even better.
Most I ever hauled to 1 person was 10 cords and they were reselling in small stacks. They made a killing on it of course but I got my cash so I was happy too.

it's a go for tomorrow with the first mixed loads of blocks and splits of four cords........ "pictures tomorrow"! now to just back up to the waiting pile of logs from the lot clearing job from earlier this spring to get the rest delivered before deer season.. good cutting and stay safe!

on a rare sales I sell a few cords of 50" splits and rounds to a boiler used for heating a large pole shed used to work on semi's... fastest firewood I can produce other than 100" lengths for pulp wood/saw logs..

first 3 pic's are from the lot clearing last spring. the last 2 are the deliveries so far counting up to 12 cords , with 3 cords left for tomorrow and the piles from the first 3 pics...View attachment 533382 View attachment 533383 View attachment 533384 View attachment 533385 View attachment 533386
Now, if I could just move north about 450 miles and collect some of those or help you process them. That's quite a collection. Your log splitter has its work cut out. Hint: cut as many as you can 18" in length. Most stoves will accept an 18" log.

finished up the last 3 cords to a new client for their wood boiler 15 cords in total for this winter. client says with the new boiler he hopes it all wont be needed this year? time will tell! now on to the next 15 cords for their residents home. next week!001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

deer season is less than 48 hours away and finished my work list for this fall! hunting season is the new work list to fill the freezer for winter! this is the last 15 cords of a 30 cord sales to a client with a horse arena and a separate residential home about 10 mile apart. 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

My bread and butter is half cords stacked for extra $$, wheel barrow it a bit and that's extra too. My stuff is all super dry and split nice. Haul two cords to the city at a time. We don't have too many boiler people around here in NC.

? just when you think there is free time to get to another project work comes and changes everything! lol client calls and orders 5 cords of firewood...... hunting goes to "hold" for a couple more day's.... temps are unseasonably warm this year . might as well take work over "R & R", it could be an extremely long fall/winter .

Latest posts

Back