Where are These Saws Manufactured? - Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, Jonsered, Redmax, Efco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about jonsered?

I believe they are still made in the Jonsered factory in Sweden, just owned and managed by Husqvarna. I'd have to check again though.

Most are made at the Husky factory in Sweden (the first were the 600 series), none at the Jonsered factory since at least 1990. The cheapest ones are made/assambled at the Poulan factory in the USA, but they are not rebadged Poulans (as far as I know).

Most are made at the Husky factory in Sweden (the first were the 600 series), none at the Jonsered factory since at least 1990. The cheapest ones are made/assambled at the Poulan factory in the USA, but they are not rebadged Poulans (as far as I know).

After I wrote the above I learned that no chainsaws have been made at the Jonsereds factory since 1979 (at least officially).

Production was moved to the Partner factory in 1979, and then to the Husky factory in 1987 (as was the Swedish Partner production). Some were made at the Husky factory from 1982 though (the 600-series, that was based on existing Husky models).
The last Jonsered models that were not based on Husky models were discontinued around 2002/2003 (2095, 2077 and 2055, as I recall it).

The above is about Swedish made saws only of course - not the ones made and/or sourced elsewhere.

Way to dig up a 6+ year old thread my friend! Still, I'm sure more than a few changes have occurred in that time.
The ones that I've seen are the Dolmar 510 production went back to Germany whereas the Makita branded 421 (EA4300F) is now made in China.

Way to dig up a 6+ year old thread my friend! Still, I'm sure more than a few changes have occurred in that time.
The ones that I've seen are the Dolmar 510 production went back to Germany whereas the Makita branded 421 (EA4300F) is now made in China.

As I understand it, what happened with he 510 was that they for some time were assembled at Makitas factory in China, from parts made in Germany?

That's what I think it was as well ST, assembled in China with quality German guts.
Hope that's the case with the Makita 421 as well, bit of a bummer when I saw that decal.

Latest posts

Back