Where to buy dolmar online??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse snowden

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a site to buy a dolmar 7910 from. Been dumping way too much time into my old 056 project saw. It runs for maybe a few days at a time then some tiny part breaks or needs to be replaced. 10-20 dollars online....a week or 2 for shipping...run the saw for a day or two....lather, rinse, repeat. I'm done with it.

I've run an older dolmar 7200 that pulled a 36" bar through a 28" white oak with ease. I'm pretty set on the new makita/dolmar 7910 to run my 42" milling bar. Any shopping hints would be much appreciated!!

I can hook you up with a 7910 but 42" bar for milling I think I would be looking for a little more cc than a 7910 has to offer

I was thinking that at first too, but after comparing the 7910 to my 056 they are very close is displacement and HP, plus the dolmar will have a much faster chain speed than that old hog if I'm not mistaken?

Really the kicker is that I will likely be milling mostly softER woods and don't need the big power of a 90cc+
If I mill oak it will be freshly cut down
Only maple is big leaf, relatively soft, and then stuff like hemlock, douglas fir, cedar, alder, no problem. These are all partially factual justifications for being a dolmar fanboy. :) I just loved everything about the old 7200 my buddy has, and want one for my own. Are you a retailer of some sort?

I'm really not opposed to a bigger saw though. I just want to get something brand new or really lightly used. The 7910 is running around $750-$850 for just the power head. What kind of deal can we work out?

I assume axillary oiler is on the CS mill? The 79xx won't oil 42" without it.
FWIW, I can recommend fordf150. Good bugger to deal with.

I don't mill myself but have listened to guys that do enough to know how hard it is on a saw and how much power it takes. Milling is one of those applications where bigger is better from what little I have read on the subject.

PM me and I will get a price for you

Sounds like the same experience with my older 056. I don't have any suggestions on the Dolmar but I would honestly watch Craigslist and OfferUp for a while to see what turns up. I got a brand new Echo CS-8000 still fresh in the box for $500. It is a tank with 80 CCs, tons of torque. I hadn't really read up on it before I saw it turn up on CL.

I would give it a week or so browsing locally to see what might turn up...

So I had an impulse buy moment. After clicking around for HOURS last night I found a dolmar for sale in an unlikely place. Apparently amazon.co.uk in the united kingdom has totally different products than amazon.com here in the USA. There was a dolmar 9010 (90cc) being sold as the makita DCS 9010 for sale, $950 USD got me a 30" sprocket nose bar, chain and shipping from london! Considering a 7901 was being sold for $850 here is america for just the bare power head and this is the cheapest I've seen a 9010 ANYWHERE let alone brand new, I'm pretty excited. I don't care if it is green. Haha

I don't mill myself but have listened to guys that do enough to know how hard it is on a saw and how much power it takes. Milling is one of those applications where bigger is better from what little I have read on the subject.

PM me and I will get a price for you

No disrespect brother, I really appreciate you reaching out to me and if I end up needing anything for this saw I will seek you out first:) now that its already charged to my card and on the way....do you think I got a good deal? Haha

If it actually ships and that side of things work out, you got a good deal and I honestly think you will be happier milling with 90cc than a 7910.

Keep us updated on how the transaction and shipping goes..... Personal interest in this since I've been lookin for one of those myself and if customs doesn't kill the deal that is not much more than the best up used ones I've found

I probably wouldn't have even considered the 9010 unless you said something. Being as pig-headed as I am. So you did me a big favor, hope it work out too! You never know with those english folks ;-) I'll make sure to post all the details of shipping time and any snags if they arise.

Looking for a site to buy a dolmar 7910 from. Been dumping way too much time into my old 056 project saw. It runs for maybe a few days at a time then some tiny part breaks or needs to be replaced. 10-20 dollars online....a week or 2 for shipping...run the saw for a day or two....lather, rinse, repeat. I'm done with it.

I've run an older dolmar 7200 that pulled a 36" bar through a 28" white oak with ease. I'm pretty set on the new makita/dolmar 7910 to run my 42" milling bar. Any shopping hints would be much appreciated!!
Here are some Dolmar dealers close to you:
http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/contact/dealer_locator/

Welp seems to be all on the up and up, the saw arrived 3 days earlier than estimated, and came in a makita box. I was a little worried it was a refurbished saw, but if it's being shipped in a makita box, with a makita bar cover and owners manual, I'm pretty confident its new. I went on amazon.co.UK the next day and the price had jumped to 730 English pounds from 630 when I placed my order. But still a lot cheaper than anything else I've found. I'll put it together and test it out right now!

Latest posts

Back