Where to buy FIRE BRICK?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get a good deal on firebrick? Me and my brother were looking and Home Depot wants $27 for a 6 pack! Anybody know where to get it a little cheaper.

Thanks
SAW

Firebrick meaning Refractory brick ?

Like what's lining your fireplace.

Home cheapo is probably going to be the cheapest even if it is pricey.

I could be wrong....

$3.00 a piece is much better than 6 for 27. I might give TSC a try.

Dave I might see what the other stores and masons have also.

Tractor Supply carries fire bricks cost a bought 3 bucks a piece. Might get them cheaper being its toward the end of heating season.

Ohhhhhhhhh ....

$3.00 a piece is much better than 6 for 27. I might give TSC a try.

Dave I might see what the other stores and masons have also.

I forgot about Tractor Supply !

They have graet prices on alot of stuff ! :hmm3grin2orange:

Firebrick meaning Refractory brick ?

Like what's lining your fireplace.

Home cheapo is probably going to be the cheapest even if it is pricey.

I could be wrong....

Just brick to line my wood stove insert.

Just brick to line my wood stove insert.

Yes refractory brick used to line fireplaces, chimneys, boilers etc.

And the cement that they recommend for that brick.

I didn't even know we had a Tractor Supply store in Mass. Turns out there's one
about 5 miles from my house !

I'm going there tomorrow, It's a great store ! :hmm3grin2orange:

My father picked up some at Northerntool last year. I believe they were made by Vogelzang, and the package had 2 different sized of bricks IIRC. If there is one near you, it might be an option. It looked like this

FB-1 - Fire Brick 6 pack, replacement firebrick | Vogelzang

Maybe someone can order it for you if they dont have it in stock. The prices online are half what volgelzang is asking on their website.

All brick is "NOT" created equal....you should ask are they light,medium or heavy duty....each duty has a thermal rating...and the more heavy they are the better of heat sink or thermal mass you'll be buying.

The way you guys were talking it was just about price.......would you buy a cord of softwood for 300$...no but you might for hardwood..big difference.
Would you pay 19.99$ for a 200 piece drop forged socket set.....doubt it...garbage right...so ask about the brick when pricing....light,medium or heavy duty?????

All brick is "NOT" created equal....you should ask are they light,medium or heavy duty....each duty has a thermal rating...and the more heavy they are the better of heat sink or thermal mass you'll be buying.

The way you guys were talking it was just about price.......would you buy a cord of softwood for 300$...no but you might for hardwood..big difference.
Would you pay 19.99$ for a 200 piece drop forged socket set.....doubt it...garbage right...so ask about the brick when pricing....light,medium or heavy duty?????

Thanks Keith, good info. Though I doubt the folks at Lowe's would know the answer. Mine haven't fallen apart yet, I guess that's a little good, eh?:smile2:

p.s. - Now selling hardwood, $300

I just picked up an old used avalon 796 epa stove and got a quote from the dealer $3 each.

I got some last year at budding - Firebricks

I'm not sure how many you need but the best deal on firebrick is the budding masonry store. I have one in my area but looks like they ship them too
[video=youtube;-vZ2FMh1Smc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vZ2FMh1Smc[/video]

They give me a deal if I buy a few boxes usually too firebricks

Whatever you do avoid home depot they are not the lowest prices as they keep saying

Stay warm,

- Craig

Back